Car locking

This is a pretty dumb question but couldnt find anything on it in the manual. If the doors are open or shut and i havent locked the car, it locks automatically after about 30 seconds. Super annoying. Is there a way to turn it off?

Its in the handbook, when you unlock the vehicle, IF YOU DONT OPEN a door in 30 sec it automatically RELOCKS, Thats so if you lock your car, throw your keys in a bag or pocket and you accidently hit the unlock button , it automatically locks again

I,m sure there is a sequence for changing Lock configuations

Read through this thread, cheers Conrod

Edited by CONROD

My 2012 Aurion doesn't lock after 30 seconds. I assume someone may have already disabled it.

My Colorado does the exact same thing. I go to it to retrieve a tool to be used on a small project out back, then forget something and head back leaving my keys behind only to find it's locked itself. Arrgghh, I grunt to myself, head back, fetch the keys and back to the car.

It is a handy feature if you forgetful, but yes, I agree it's damned annoying.

One time I was reaching in the back to grab some tools and I placed the keys inside the back tray area (it has a lockable canopy rigged to the central locking), I grabbed the tools and shut the tailgate. After some time I went to put the tools back in the rear compartment and couldn't find my keys anywhere. I thought I was losing my mind only to discover the idiot who opened the car left the keys inside the back and the car locked itself after I'd walked away. Another Arrrghhh moment !! I had to break into my own car to retrieve them. No damage luckily, but I have to say the drop down tail gate security is a joke which is why I have a lockable tool draw.

• Haha 1