Rev limiter kick in at 7200rpm when is already warm up

hi , i finially got my stivo today from the dealership for the reseal timing cover leaking , water pump and power steering pump replaced , its almost 2 weeks, when i drive tohight , the high lift cam cut out at 7200 -7300rpm but already drive more than 15 kms , the engine already warm up , help please !

Edited by jeff6988

hi , i finially got my stivo today from the dealership for the reseal timing cover leaking , water pump and power steering pump replaced , its almost 2 weeks, when i drive tohight , the high lift cam kick in at 7000rpm but already drive more than 15 kms , the engine already warm up , help please !

When you had driven 15km where was the temperature according to the guage on ur dash ?

As driving it 15km might not necessarily mean its warm (although it should be) especially if its really cold down there in tassy.

If the temp is reading that the engine is warm then i suggest you get back on the phone to toyota and get them 2 take a look. As if it has nothing to do with the temp then dare i say it could be something else....

cheers

Bill

r u saying that hi cam kicks in @ 7000 rpm?

or

it won't let u rev past 7000 rpm?

also

when u say the car is warmed up, how warm is it.

ie. wheres the needle on the temp. guage?

yes i mean the rev limiter cut out at 7000rpm , it just keep bouncing , my car already drive more than 15 kms ,, the temp needle is almost half way through , its very strange , it never happen like that before , thanks

another reason for the car not engaging lift is if the lift bolts are gone although we havent seen this problem on any of the sportivo's so its unlikely that te bolts are the problem .... just take it back and see what they have to say

hopefully they dont stuff ya around and say something like

"under normal driving conditions its fine so we cant do anything" :angry::angry::angry:

but yeah theres definately something wrong

after 2 - 4 kms of driving at low revs sees the temp gauge go up.

and rev limiter goes up to 8,200 (or whatever it is)

Edited by iffster

hopefully they dont stuff ya around and say something like

"under normal driving conditions its fine so we cant do anything" :angry::angry::angry:

but yeah theres definately something wrong

after 2 - 4 kms of driving at low revs sees the temp gauge go up.

and rev limiter goes up to 8,200 (or whatever it is)

if they tell you that, ring toyota Aus and tell them that if its not fixed within 5mins you will be taking it up with consumer affairs. Also with all the issues you have been having with the pumps is possible that somthings not getting up to pressure at the right time for lift to enguage

i can rev past 7000rpm even before the temp gauge is at midway (needle was about 1/4 way up), did it by accident one cold night :P Get Toyota to check the car out man and demand for a courtesy car FREE of charge bcus they stuffed up your car.

i can rev past 7000rpm even before the temp gauge is at midway (needle was about 1/4 way up), did it by accident one cold night :P Get Toyota to check the car out man and demand for a courtesy car FREE of charge bcus they stuffed up your car.

Thanks everyone for your advice , i try to reset the EUC today as what Northy taught but doesnt work, i try to lift the hi cam again today when it hits to about 7200 - 7300 rpm , it pulls back hardly , it never happen before since i got the stivo nearly 3 yrs till i got the stivo replace the water pump , power steering and reseal timing cover at dealership,happens now after i got my car back yesterday, i am sure they stuff it up , i show it to my friend today as he is mechanic ( but not by trade ), he reckon it could be the timing chain has been removed when they reseal the timing cover,after they put it back on , they didnt line up the timing mark probably , i have no idea whats going on but i must go back to co-op toyota tomorrow morning , can i ask anyone of you what is the best no to call toyota aus complaint department and anyone know like my car been fixing it in dealership for 12 days under warranty , by their policy,do they have to lent me a car ,it just so inconvinence, i asked couple times ,all they said is nothing available , i bought it brand new from them but no after sale service ,nothing , i really need to complain this as well. Thanks all !

i had to call them once but cant remember the number.

try this one

Customer Relations

(Toll Free) 1800 252 097

(i got it off the toyota website, if its not the right number, they should be able to give you the right number.)

i had to call them once but cant remember the number.

try this one

Customer Relations

(Toll Free) 1800 252 097

(i got it off the toyota website, if its not the right number, they should be able to give you the right number.)

thanks iffster !

...not even to replace the waterpump?

On most other toyota motors they usually have to remove the chain/belt to get the pump off properly without getting it wet.

it wont be the timing chain as they dont have to touch it to do any of the work that they have done on the car.

I took my stivo back to Toyota service centre this morning , they organize a foreman to give it a run with me , after he try to hit to 7200rpm, he knew there must be something wrong with the reving but he said need to plug it into their computer to see what exactly wrong with it , therefore i left the car there , in the late afternoon , they called and said they still cant figure out what problem make it heavily kick back at 7200rpm, and they are waiting the feedback from melbourne ( may be the people up there seen more cases with our stivo and a lot more stivo being sold ) because i reckon there may be around max 20 stivo in hobart ) and mine's was the second one on road in hobart , now i am very much concern about the damage done to the engine when its heavily kick back and any damaged to the pistons or internal parts ??? cause i remember you guys said to buy a new vvtli engine , it worth $ 10,000 , if the engine dies after the warranty period , i have pay out myself , i also feel like there may be more and more other problems turn out,no spare money keep paying the repair if so then forced to take it to trade in a new base model lancer 2.4 mivec , 115 Kw 220nm with ABS, A/C, Power Window and so on ( Very good value i think but doesnt look good and handling especially the front end ), i hope it wont happens cause stivo still looks very smart but drives so so cause when you drive in winding rd , you slow down in tight corners and try to get back up when exit , we all only can wait to 6,000rpm before the real power comes and torqe i also have Kings super low springs with koni shocks ( front insert , it wasnt i want till they fitted , i though they are whole strut ) on my stivo, anyway i will let all you guys know what toyota people will do tomorrow and what cause this , so our stivo owners and members have some idea if yours car have similar problem in the future. :P

it wont be the timing chain as they dont have to touch it to do any of the work that they have done on the car.

I took my stivo back to Toyota service centre this morning , they organize a foreman to give it a run with me , after he try to hit to 7200rpm, he knew there must be something wrong with the reving but he said need to plug it into their computer to see what exactly wrong with it , therefore i left the car there , in the late afternoon , they called and said they still cant figure out what problem make it heavily kick back at 7200rpm, and they are waiting the feedback from melbourne ( may be the people up there seen more cases with our stivo and a lot more stivo being sold ) because i reckon there may be around max 20 stivo in hobart ) and mine's was the second one on road in hobart , now i am very much concern about the damage done to the engine when its heavily kick back and any damaged to the pistons or internal parts ??? cause i remember you guys said to buy a new vvtli engine , it worth $ 10,000 , if the engine dies after the warranty period , i have pay out myself , i also feel like there may be more and more other problems turn out,no spare money keep paying the repair if so then forced to take it to trade in a new base model lancer 2.4 mivec , 115 Kw 220nm with ABS, A/C, Power Window and so on ( Very good value i think but doesnt look good and handling especially the front end ), i hope it wont happens cause stivo still looks very smart but drives so so cause when you drive in winding rd , you slow down in tight corners and try to get back up when exit , we all only can wait to 6,000rpm before the real power comes and torqe i also have Kings super low springs with koni shocks ( front insert , it wasnt i want till they fitted , i though they are whole strut ) on my stivo, anyway i will let all you guys know what toyota people will do tomorrow and what cause this , so our stivo owners and members have some idea if yours car have similar problem in the future. :P

is your car out of warranty? and if so buy how much, how many km's have you done.

damn wat a mouthful

is your car out of warranty? and if so buy how much, how many km's have you done.

I dont know how much it worths in market value , probably worths about $ 21,000 how much you reckon, i have done 60,500 something kms , warranty ends on 27-05-06 , its straight , its in a excellent conditions ,the front bar spoiler have a few scratches under the fog lamp cause it sits very low and only one small dent on the left side rear door when i followed my friend's golf , a small rock hit to the door when corning. after my car being fixed with the reving problem at toyota service centre ,hopefully it wont have any other problems . it drives so well since i had it , i have no idea but i still believe they have move something and didnt put it back on probably or toyota's car are no longer very reliable as used to be . today i talk to toyota service manager , he said they still working on it but no exactly answer and tell me be patience, cant do anything really, i just hope they can solve the reving problem and drive my stivo back on road ASAP , they finally borrow me a brand new corolla while mines under repair ,its makes so much better to get to work and home daily, only done 460 kms with $ 1,000 excess if i crash it , therefore i now even drive more careful than my stivo ,you never know whats going to happen if you are in bad luck , i think i am at this moment.

Do they know if VVT is working?

Have they checked all the VVTL stuff, like the oil control valve? I doubt they would have touched it, but who is to say it didn't die on its own accord.

the hi cam still engaged normally when it hits from 6,000rpm, only when it hits to 7200rpm, it kick back

heavily, hopefully the people at toyota ( hobart ) can find out the solution soon .

I've had the rare misfire at around 7200. Last one occured when the tank was basicaly empty, so I assume not enough fuel was going in to keep up, or the fuel was pushed away from the pump. Maybe your injectors/fuel filter/pump pickup are dirty/blocked?

And I have had a few misfires just like your case, up to temperature (had heaps of fuel), lift engaged but stopped at 7200. Never worked out what causes it though.

I've had the rare misfire at around 7200. Last one occured when the tank was basicaly empty, so I assume not enough fuel was going in to keep up, or the fuel was pushed away from the pump. Maybe your injectors/fuel filter/pump pickup are dirty/blocked?

And I have had a few misfires just like your case, up to temperature (had heaps of fuel), lift engaged but stopped at 7200. Never worked out what causes it though.

thanks for your information, i went to see the foreman at toyota which he gone through all sort of test for

my car , now it can rev to 8,250rpm but when it hits from 6,000rpm , it hesitate a while before it rev up to

8250rpm , they will do a few more test tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...