Peak Hour Gripes ...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the one thing that gets me is when I let someone in .. and they dont wave !!! ..

WAVE DAMN YOU !! ....

not dis similar to the bling merc last sat nite

HAHAHA.. I feel the same when i let someone in BUT then again im guilty coz i dont wave at ppl that let me in :ph34r:

I HATE:

11. Cyclists on the road ALTOGETHER (unless in cycling lane)

That's pretty much all for now :D

agree with all of them except this one :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

not happy... they are doing you a favour by taking 1 more car off the road... respect that decision ;)

and Jason - the courtesy wave ROCKS, it is a MUST even just to acknowledge the kindness that others have shown

I HATE:

not happy... they are doing you a favour by taking 1 more car off the road... respect that decision ;)

and Jason - the courtesy wave ROCKS, it is a MUST even just to acknowledge the kindness that others have shown

I agree with BigBum on the Cyclists on the road!!

If there is no cycling lane they ride their bikes on the road and slow down the lane and cause traffic.. especially when they do this in peak hour traffic.. it is chaos trying to change lanes and over take them.

I say BAN cyclists on the road!!!!!!

OK then... things that ***** me off...

#1 people who park in the Bike lane so I need to use the road!@!!!!! :P

my 2c worth...

Councils that put traffic calming devices in so its too narrow and dangerous to overtake bikes !

I know ! ... thats exactly what I was saying !! .thats what ****s me ...

its like im the hulk ...

all nice 1 min ... and let some one in ..

NO WAVE !! ..

RAHHHHHH ... Road rage kicks in over drive !!!!

and as far as cyclists go ...

they have as much right to be on the road as we do ...

so what if you have to go around ...

next time you see one ... go around them as if it was your mum or dad riding that bike ! ...

Another thing is most Cyclists perfer to ride on the road because of the the crap (pisces of metal, rocks, glass, etc) that is thrown to the side of the road by the cars that councils take 3 months to clear. The road is nice and smooth and will not damage the thin bike tyres. Cyclists are just another road user and should be treated just like it's another car on the road, ie they have the same right of way in intersections, round-a-bouts, driveways etc too.

wot bout ppl that abuse the wave ?????

i.e. wave befor u give them the ok ?

that is unacceptable ...... but slightly more acceptable than not waving at all ...

And you never know when you have to ride a bike next ...

and when you do and cars are zooming around you ....think about that .... not pleasent now is it ..

I HATE:

I agree with BigBum on the Cyclists on the road!!

If there is no cycling lane they ride their bikes on the road and slow down the lane and cause traffic.. especially when they do this in peak hour traffic.. it is chaos trying to change lanes and over take them.

I say BAN cyclists on the road!!!!!!

Exactly, and all the cars on the left lane are going 5km/h trying to change lanes and they can't because its rush hour. This can easily cause accidents and not very safe for the cyclist too. There are too many cycling accidents on the roads. We need more bike lanes. If drivers have to change lanes to overtake the cyclist, we might as well give the whole lane to the cyclist themself. Would be much safer than going dangerously close trying to overtake it on the same lane. Believe me, I respect cyclists, that's why I don't mind them using the bike lane.

Hmmm that got me thinking, why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour? :lol:

Um, cyclists don't do favours for anyone but themselves, so I'll reserve my respect for someone more deserving.

Now, can we have that "1 more car" back. :P

Edited by Buddha

the one thing that gets me is when I let someone in .. and they dont wave !!! ..

WAVE DAMN YOU !! ....

not dis similar to the bling merc last sat nite

HAHAHA.. I feel the same when i let someone in BUT then again im guilty coz i dont wave at ppl that let me in :ph34r:

i always wave! hate it when ppl dont wave to say thanks!!

Cyclists are just another road user and should be treated just like it's another car on the road, ie they have the same right of way in intersections, round-a-bouts, driveways etc too.

Alright as a fellow cyclist I understand your frustration but as a driver i'll tell you what annoys me...

Cyclists expect to be treated as a fellow road user except they don't follow the rules, all too often I see cyclists blatantly ignoring red signals and riding through intersections so the same cyclist that caused problems 200m back causes the same problem again 200m further down the road. Want another one? How about crossing two lanes of heavy traffic in order to make a right turn, happened in front of me the other day when there was a perfectly good set of traffic lights just up the road.

Sometimes it works both ways <_<

in regards to the letting people in situation... if there is a car between you and the car in front trying to get across and they indicate to come in, you should ALWAYS drop back to let them in. but only one car. if another car tries to push in, it is acceptable to block them off.

in regards to waving... if you've let someone in and they do not wave. then it is acceptable to get the ****s and try and ram them off the road. by the same token, you should always wave when let in to ANY gap... even if it was a tight gap that you slide into without the other driver going too much out of their way. still wave! its nice and takes you like .02 seconds!

ALWAYS WAVE!

and about cyclists: they have every right to be on the road, and if they are good cyclists, they wont cause too much disruption on the traffic. if they are crap cyclists, then they are asking for an accident happen. im so scared of cyclists cos ive had a couple just whiz across in front of me in traffic, and ive had one fall against my car at the lights. the retard couldnt get his foot out of the thingos and just fell on my car <_<... anyway if you hit a cyclist its ALWAYS your fault, and you will get chewed by the legal system, even if its clearly bad skills of the cyclist :angry:

in regards to the letting people in situation... if there is a car between you and the car in front trying to get across and they indicate to come in, you should ALWAYS drop back to let them in. but only one car. if another car tries to push in, it is acceptable to block them off.

There is one exception to that rule ... if you're stopped or travelling slowly near the end of a merging lane, and other traffic has merged behind you, then one little upstart decides he's gonna run right down the ending lane and push in front, then you don't have to let him in. If he hits you, its his fault anyway. <_<

Fact: Since the introduction of the 'green' cycling lanes that we have here in canberra they've actually caused more accidents than prevented. People were injured, but I believe one cyclist died I think. Not too sure on the last one though.

Funny how Paul Keating wanted to tax 4x4 drivers and cyclists off the road and now the labour government is helping them. The Liberals here apparently want the lanes abolished, but this is hear-say and can't validate that one.

I want cyclists to ride safely. The thing that worries me is taking one object doing 60 - 80km's an hour and mixing that with a vulnerable object doing 10 - 40km's an hour. It seems dangerous in many areas that's all, and it's already been proven here.

Yesterday i was on woodville rd getting ready to turn off i was just about a cars length when a car decided to speed up and try and get in :angry:

I wanted to run him over lol only if i had a hummer ^_^ :lol: jks.

ok here's another one:

cops who think they can do ANYTHING on the road cos they are cops...

this evening, i was driving along north rocks road and this car comes up behind me pretty quickly (im doing the speed limit) and stays on my ***** all the way untill it becomes 2 lanes... then he speeds past me and keeps going probably 75-80 (its a 60 zone)... its a bloody cop!

then, i see him again just around the corner, sitting on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong way, just standing outside his car.. not doing anything... it didnt look like he was doing anything, and it certainly didnt look like he needed to be speeding...

Cyclists are just another road user and should be treated just like it's another car on the road, ie they have the same right of way in intersections, round-a-bouts, driveways etc too.

Alright as a fellow cyclist I understand your frustration but as a driver i'll tell you what annoys me...

Cyclists expect to be treated as a fellow road user except they don't follow the rules, all too often I see cyclists blatantly ignoring red signals and riding through intersections so the same cyclist that caused problems 200m back causes the same problem again 200m further down the road. Want another one? How about crossing two lanes of heavy traffic in order to make a right turn, happened in front of me the other day when there was a perfectly good set of traffic lights just up the road.

Sometimes it works both ways <_<

agree entirely, there are many cyclists that abuse the extra vision they have of the road to disobey the road rules and as a law abiding cyclist it does annoy me. But I am also one of those cyclists that move across a couple of lanes to turn right, but I would not do it in heavy traffic, that's just suicide.

some more :D

26. Drivers who enter freeways at ridiculously slow speed

27. Drivers who can't keep straight in their lane

28. People who don't turn on their headlights at night

29. People with 10000 or 12000K HID lights. It is bloody blinding!

30. People who take up two spots when parrallel parking!!!

31. People who park right up your a55 when parrallel parking. How the hell am I spose to get out?

32. Drivers who look at you at the traffic lights like you're from another planet :blink:

33. Drivers who don't check blind spot when changing lanes (almost been hit a few times!)

34. People who take 10 years at fast food drive-ins (we're hungry too you know!)

35. People who don't give you space to parrallel park on a single lane road

36. People who open their doors without looking when cars are zooming past

37. People who bud out their ciggarettes out the window while driving or stationary at traffic lights

can't think of anymore dammit. hope this doesn't cause anymore issues like the cyclist one :lol: