Sportivo 03' Model Problems?

HI,

Im on the brink of buying a 03' sportivo but need to know what sort of common problems you guys are actually having. I checked out the stivo out today and its very clean cut, but havent checked it mechanically yet.

Its only been into recall once for the alarm but thats it ... its NOV build 03.

Thanks Heap everyone!

Kind Regards,

Rollaz

check that it has had the ECU recall... there should be a silver sticker on the inside of the driver door recess

also check the entine rev range on the the test drive, inparticular the change from 1-2 and 2-3 that it shifts smoothly. If not if requires a clutch adjustment. Check the door rubbers for splits.

that's the basics of the main issues.

there is still 6 months of the factory warranty, make sure you use it ;)

Thanks heaps for the quick response! Im actually going to have make the decision tomorrow morning! :o

Its nice to know you guys know what your talking about tho .. thanks again

So what revs are we talking about in 1st gear and 2nd in terms of smooth gear change?

The entire rev range from low down till all the way up high ....

As silly as it might sound but it is actually feasible to shift at 8000rpms .....

Hey the car was made 2 be able to do it but what was found was the way it was put together it didnt like it very much ....

I guess being a second hand car your just going to have to live with any rattles or creaks as there are a few in the corolla .... but i guess all the corollas new and old ive been in have this sort of issue ....

The biggest one as mentioned by blue_stivo is the fact that its had the recall done and that your shift in the car at high rpm's is fine ...

Let us knw if u get it especially if ur in sydney u should come out 2 our monthly meets

cheers

Bill

Cheers Thanks for your help. Im actually in melbourne :blink: so no can do

unless i do a day trip up there lol

Ok, im set to rock up tomorrow and test it out. I think regardless of the problem, I should buy it

as its still under factory warranty so all problems solved.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate your technical knowledge. CHeers!!

Just put the deposit in fellaz, will be posting pics hopefully next week ... stock tho

The gears were a smooth change btw 1st-2nd 2nd-3rd ... at least it seems like it..

Unfortunately there was no silver sticker on the door hinges or around the door so

does this mean its only pulling 121kw?? What do i need to do?

oh yeh, 69,000km service is up ... looking at about $250??

Thank heaps!

Just put the deposit in fellaz, will be posting pics hopefully next week ... stock tho

The gears were a smooth change btw 1st-2nd 2nd-3rd ... at least it seems like it..

Unfortunately there was no silver sticker on the door hinges or around the door so

does this mean its only pulling 121kw?? What do i need to do?

oh yeh, 69,000km service is up ... looking at about $250??

Thank heaps!

Give toyota HQ a call and let them know there is no ECU recall sticker on the car ... They will probably need ur VIN # or something i guess to be able to try n work out if ur cars had the replacement done cuz they are liable.....

Yeah, Im stil looking but most are outta my price range. Car was on finance and they seemed very

dodgey.

In the process of hopefully getting my deposit back because cause they sold the car even after

i had given them the deposit yesterday..... fuuuuukn

btw - My mate knows the guy who drives the blue sportivo with the flower petal rims (lcd screens on both head rests). very NICE!!!!

Edited by sx_corolla