Sydney and Canberra --> Look here !!!

Evening all,

Due to the recent success of our meets n cruises ...

Micky_Tee and myself were just discussing options to get the canberra crew and sydney crew together ...

This is more to see what you think of these 2 ideas ...

1. Since its coming into winter and nice cold but dry track day at Wakefield could be option 1... closer for the Canberrians but im sure the syd members dont mind !!!! (Time frame - sometime in the next 2 months ??)

and then

2. When it warms up and comes into spring ... A meet at Jamberoo ( Where I control the action :) )

almost in the middle .. but this time a tad closer for syd members .... and its a good day out ...

In fact I reckon both are great days out ....

What do you guys think of those 2 ideas ?????

I think thats the coolest idea ever, u and micky_tee must be the coolest members on this forum with the best ideas and... hang on... dang.

haha im so in. anyone know if its possible to book the track for the club? i reckon we could easily scrape together the numbers

hell yeah!! sounds like two awesome days!!

wait for 2 months before we head down to track though - i will have got my air flow issues (like the car being stock) sorted out by then, and then we can talk about going to track... seriously by july 2nd, it should all be done...

and jamberoo sounds good too, but obviously when its warmed up a little... and i think if you look closely, you'll see that I control the action.

Micky if you want to enquire about the cost of booking the track we can go from there. If we need numbers we can invite Toymods and Sydney Rolla Club... a few guys on each are quite partial to some track time :)

I'll be in... once I get some coilovers...

OMG. I haven't checked the forums for a month and so much is in the works.

The track day sounds like an interesting idea. does anyone know what's involved in booking wakefield and also what the driver/car requirements are?

We can also do a paint ball day at Helensburg, i think its action paintball. It wont be pricey if we did an early bird booking and since we have alot of ppl going we can bulk buy the ammo which will be heaps cheaper. Im guessing from experiece it will be less then a $100 buck for the whole day which includes gear and lunch. And since its in the gong it wont be too far for the canberrians....im so keen for it keke

:D :lol: Gorilla War Fare Tactics

Check this out to get ur hearst pumping haha http://www.ultimateskirmish.com.au/

haha cheers boyz

wow, sounds great :)

By meaning of Track Day, do we book the whole track for a certain hours? Do we drive on the track or do drag only?

How much are we talking about? & how many cars?

I am certainly interested :)

you have complete access to the whole track for the whole day... ie 9am to 5pm

there all scared im gonna kill them on the track... so they're hiding...

hehe no i dunno they probably just havent seen it yet. as soon as i get a chance i'll give wakefield a ring or an email and see what they say.

We can also do a paint ball day at Helensburg, i think its action paintball. It wont be pricey if we did an early bird booking and since we have alot of ppl going we can bulk buy the ammo which will be heaps cheaper. Im guessing from experiece it will be less then a $100 buck for the whole day which includes gear and lunch. And since its in the gong it wont be too far for the canberrians....im so keen for it keke

:D :lol: Gorilla War Fare Tactics

Check this out to get ur hearst pumping haha http://www.ultimateskirmish.com.au/

haha cheers boyz

I'm fine with that. We have Richo (R011A). Did I mention he's in the Defence Force? lol

Oh and Wakefield park is a track. I don't think the straight is long enough for drags anyway.

they are able to do 1/8 mile drags there but no more

even if people don't want to drive their car on the track they can always come down and spectate, the viewing there is awesome and you can see the whole track

the website says $1,950 for a day... but i dont know that includes... probably not timing, or licences *if we need them* or rescue vehicles or anything... but still... i'll give them a ring when i can

they are able to do 1/8 mile drags there but no more

even if people don't want to drive their car on the track they can always come down and spectate, the viewing there is awesome and you can see the whole track

I'm not sure if i'd participate but I would come along to spectate thats for sure. Maybe even go as a passenger if they allow that.

• 2 weeks later...

if you don't have a helmet you can hire then there for a small fee, or you can buy one for ~$70 for open face and ~$120 full face from any motorbike shop. Just tell them you want something for going the the drags and they'll point you in the right direction...

if this brisbane cruise doesnt go ahead (but im really hoping it will cos i wanna go up there), then we have to do this sometime close to the 15th of July...

if we do go up to brisbane, i say we do this canberra meet at the end of july... or first week of august...

im in for a track day, and i can probably name another 7 or 8 people on this forum who would be definately in at wakefield, and probably another few who might be interested...

if you get some rough dates together or something, post em up here, and you can get an idea of interest in the event...