VSC check system, traction control and engine lights on

RoiceQ

Greetings! I'm here once again asking for help regarding my 2008 Camry 3.5 V6 with 76000 kms, I'm located in the Philippines by the way and I couldn't approach any reputable persons to ask there, but being owners of Toyota aurions in this forum, I'm heartily looking forward to you all to help me with my problems with the car.

While I was cruising along the highway recently, the VSC, check engine and traction control light suddenly popped up, but the car still drove finely (although kinda worried that it might die on me along the busy road). Upon diagnosing the car with an obd, the code or fault mentioned "P0365 camshaft position sensor "B" circuit" nevertheless, once I cleared the code it didn't appear for a couple of days, but suddenly the engine, traction and VSC lights came off again (interestingly it cleared itself recently). I'm really worried, coupled with my lack of expertise in resolving complicated problems within my car, I have this uneasy feeling that car might just die suddenly along the busy road on my busy schedule. Thank you in advance guys, I truly love this car with it's fantastic engine and great comfort and I would like to extend it's life with me. (I'll respond to their inquiries if there's any)

Try this first.

The engine will never die on you with this fault condition, so don't worry too much about that. The CEL and VSC

will just keep lighting up as a nuisance reminder.

6 hours ago, RoiceQ said:

"P0365 camshaft position sensor "B" circuit" nevertheless, once I cleared the code it didn't appear for a couple of days

Engine codes can be misleading and send you down a rabbit hole of shot gunning different parts. Don't take as Gospel in some cases what the reader throws up. You need to more research before you ultimately decide what it is that needs replacing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Tony for your response, I see, I'm glad with your expert opinion and perhaps I could stop my overthinking for a moment too, lol. That's my concern too, that I would spend a ton of money trying to fix things without definite guarantee that it'll solve my problems, I guess I should need to dig in more research before buying stuff and fixing it. The video that you've shared with me is quite promising I'll definitely check it out. Thank you

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update: the clip on the sensor jus below the engine cover seems to be broken so it's loose (camshaft sensor I think?), hence the warning lights, after putting some silicone stuff to make it stick, I drove the car afterwards and so far so good no more VSC, traction and engine lights, hopefully it stays this way