Few question,dvd remote and ported beva box

Hey guys, i just got my hands on a dvd player, but the remote is missing im just wondering if the remote is replaceable? my cousin brought the dvd player in 2002? would it be too old to replace? also i was wondering if anyone know where i can get my hands on a 0.8 cubic square ported beva box? Where else can i get a ported beva box for a 12inch sub. Im also wondering if i go bigger with box what would happen to my sound? please help C FU's....

Cheers Voy

:D :lol:

if you can get your hands on the infra red codes for that dvd player (check out www.remotecentral.com), you can just buy a universal remote and program it... otherwise contact the manufacturer of the dvd player and they might be able to help you...

is it a car dvd player or a home dvd player?

a 0.8 cubic ft sub box is crazy small for a 12" sub, i'd go something a fair bit bigger if you want to get any sort of decent bass note out of it...

if you can get your hands on the infra red codes for that dvd player (check out www.remotecentral.com), you can just buy a universal remote and program it... otherwise contact the manufacturer of the dvd player and they might be able to help you...

is it a car dvd player or a home dvd player?

a 0.8 cubic ft sub box is crazy small for a 12" sub, i'd go something a fair bit bigger if you want to get any sort of decent bass note out of it...

what sub is it? go with their recommendation.

Its a car dvd its a kenwood.

Is 0.8 really small? its a 12 Rockford Fosgate sub, the current box i have is abit small i think, and i want deeper bass, i was told a bigger ported box will help do this. I got the recommendations but i dont understand the diagrams.

Right now i have 2 off em, but the thing is that they are different series, both of em are 12, ones RF HE adn the other is a RF PUNCH DVC series (Has anyone heard this sub b4?), i was thinking about running both of em, do u think this will be ok or will it be awful since the watts might be different?? i have no clue right now... :huh:

Its a car dvd its a kenwood.

Is 0.8 really small? its a 12 Rockford Fosgate sub, the current box i have is abit small i think, and i want deeper bass, i was told a bigger ported box will help do this. I got the recommendations but i dont understand the diagrams.

Right now i have 2 off em, but the thing is that they are different series, both of em are 12, ones RF HE adn the other is a RF PUNCH DVC series (Has anyone heard this sub b4?), i was thinking about running both of em, do u think this will be ok or will it be awful since the watts might be different?? i have no clue right now... :huh:

Wouldn't be good to run two different type of subs even if they are the same brand, especially if they are different wattage. You will end up blowing one or the other down the track, not to mention terrible bass.

I would just run the one of them for now (I'd prefer the punch dual voice coil one).

0.8 isn't small for a sealed enclosure for a 12incher. But if you are going ported, you'll need at least double that. I think the recommendation is a 1.75 cubic feet enclosure for the RF DVC subs. Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Thanks Biggie, well both of em are dual voice coil. With a ported boz do they have to be bigger??

And will i get deeper base???

Generally the recommendations for subs usage with ported box is twice the volume of that of a sealed one.

With a sealed box, you generally get a tighter punchier bass. Ported is a more boomy and more deep/loud. Just depends what you're after. If you want deep, go ported deffinately. Make sure you get a good amp for it too :)

Thanks mate, does anyone know if be make ported boxes?? and where i can get em from??? :D

Cheers all Voy

They sure do, but not as many as their sealed ones. In fact it's almost impossible to source a ported "GENUINE" Beva box.

I say genuine because there are fake ones going around. You can tell because the inside of them is blue. The genuine ones which are manufactured here in Australia are red inside them. Just becareful of that. The quality of a box can affect the quality of your sound too.

is there a factory or store where i can find one does anyone? i know ffld car radio do it, im pretty sure they are genuine since they have such a good name. But im not sure if they have ported. :huh: