Tranferring head unit & speakers from 1998 seca to 2002 seca

ace

After my 1998 seca was written off I pulled out my almost new aftermarket head unit, front speakers, rear speakers, amp and sub. The time has come to install these into my replacement car (2002 seca). The space in the dash for the head unit is huge. Can you get spacers of something for nice snug fit?

More importantly, my rear speakers used to be mounted in the parcel shelf. But the new secas dont have a parcel shelf. So where can I mount them? My rear speakers are crying to come out again from their temporary home in a box! Please tell me there's some way of mounting my rears SOMEWHERE.

h e l p

what sort of rears are they? if they are 6.5" round speakers they will just fit in the doors (i think 6.5 fits in the rear)... if they are 6x9s, you could probably fit them in the hard part of the floating parcel shelf, but i've never tried... you might have to make some sort of MDF board to go under the parcel shelf to mount them on...

if all else fails, and they are 6x9s, sell them and just run splits up front and a sub down back - way better!

oh and with the spacers, you can buy a head unit set thing from toyota... its two double din sized spacers on each side, and a single din pocket... shop around for them, and try at your local strathfield or car audio install place, cos they would have a few and they are very cheap... toyota will rip you off (charged my $17 each for the spacers and $50 for othe pocket!!)

alternatively, if you're in sydney and you cant find them cheap, ill sell you mine... i just pulled my aftermarket head unit out, and i have no need for my spacer set...

Thanks blue_rolla.

I think they're 6x9s and they wont fit in the door. I dont think there is a hard part of the floating parcel is there? The whole thing is carpet I think.

A modified board? Damn that's a bit of an effort - I don't even own a hammer. Hmmm...

Sorry for being thick, but what are splits? And I don't reckon I could hack front speakers and the sub with just the factory rear speakers now that's I've tasted real sound in my car. Why do you reckon its better?

As for the spacers, thats really helpful thanks. I'll have a look around but might need to buy yours. Yeah, in Sydney.

Danz, I saw that post earlier. That looks great. I'm jealous. Basically, that's EXACTLY what I need. Tell me you sent a template up to sydney! Man, I wonder where I can get that done in Sydney. Anyone have any ideas????

And you're right, i reckon you need rear speakers up on the parcel shelf. They SUCK down in the rear doors.

Do you reckon it's possible to mount them on the 1/2 parcel shelf that's already there? If not, it seems like $100 well spent for the mod shelf and I'll post a pic when done. Cheers.