Stopping issues

Ok today i noticed that i have a grinding/rubbing noise coming from my passenger side front brake. It only occurs under heavier application of the brakes. I thought it may have been a small rock or a piece of crap stuck inbetween the pad and disc. Then i thought it may just be that i need a new pad. The only other issue is it squeeks when i brake but only for the first time i use the brakes in the morning, this is just because the disc/pad is cold and hard right? Car has only just ticked over 42000k's.

HELP if this is gonna cost me i am gonna cry, cause there goes the money for my next mod :(

Yeah im wondering if anyone else has the same problem in the moring. The car squeels like a little girl, after it starts moving it goes away. Its annoying to hear every morning

Could be the pads and discs are glazed from heavy braking. Hell I know mine are after I don't know how many mountain runs. Mine grind when braking normally but have plenty of pad left.

Could be a stone or even a build up of brake dust. When you wash your car always give the brakes a good hit with the hose to remove excess brake dust.

in the mornings when u put into reverse mine used to squeel like anything, however toyota have had a TSB ( technical service bulletin ) and my rear pads were replaced under warranty cos of some recall thing,

the grinding noise is because your rotors are warped, mine did that but got all my rotors replaced under warranty

mine is a 2003 sportivo with ~34000 km

I get a grinding noise in the rear brakes when reversing out first thing in the morning, but I think if the rotors were warped then the grinding noise would be the least of my worries!

A mate of mine owns a 2002 Falcon XR6 and he had warped front rotors at one stage ... no noise, but the shudder through the front end was disconcerting enough! :blink:

my front brakes make a grinding noise too, and they've only done 10,000k's.

the front drivers side seems to be the most effected. It and only it will lock up at a 60km/h slam-on-the-brakes test.

when I took the car for its 10,000 service I told toyota and they told me there was nothing they could find and that they couldnt replicate the problem.

So that grinding noise i hear constantly is in my head? thanks toyota.

Can anyone tell me, especially vitagen, what was the reason that your brakes used to squeal only when in reverse, I have that problem too and maybe you can shed some light on the situation or even point me to the link of the TSB that deals with this problem.

I do not want to take this back to the dealer as my car is not out of warranty and I can probably do the modification work myself.

Thanks in advance.

I get a grinding noise in the rear brakes when reversing out first thing in the morning, but I think if the rotors were warped then the grinding noise would be the least of my worries!

A mate of mine owns a 2002 Falcon XR6 and he had warped front rotors at one stage ... no noise, but the shudder through the front end was disconcerting enough! :blink:

Front Rotors warping repeatedly are a common issue for early BA's ...

the brake pads squeel cos we got the wrong type of brake pad from factory, so toyota is replacing it under a recall, i dont know which TSB cos the service dude showed me, just take it back to toyota and they replace the pads for u for free :)