more room?

I'm starting to grow my driving skills with more advanced techniques such as heel toe. But the problem I'm facing is that my legs are just that little bit too long that the steering wheel is seperating them that little bit too much.

Does anyone have any experience in enlarging the cabin area? I'd like the extend the steering wheel out a bit, i know you can get adapter kits for aftermarket steering wheels which extend the wheel out a bit, also a smaller wheel would help too. But I'm not sure I would like to change the wheel.

I cant extend the seating rails as the seat belt would float too far infront of my body. The other option is moving the seat location, ie bolt it to the floor, or better yet replace it with an aftermarket seat and bolt it to the floor too. but again, Im not sure I want to change the seat.

I wonder what would be legal and what toyota would be happy for me to do (warranty)?

geh, damn these long legs!

I'm starting to grow my driving skills with more advanced techniques such as heel toe. But the problem I'm facing is that my legs are just that little bit too long that the steering wheel is seperating them that little bit too much.

Does anyone have any experience in enlarging the cabin area? I'd like the extend the steering wheel out a bit, i know you can get adapter kits for aftermarket steering wheels which extend the wheel out a bit, also a smaller wheel would help too. But I'm not sure I would like to change the wheel.

I cant extend the seating rails as the seat belt would float too far infront of my body. The other option is moving the seat location, ie bolt it to the floor, or better yet replace it with an aftermarket seat and bolt it to the floor too. but again, Im not sure I want to change the seat.

I wonder what would be legal and what toyota would be happy for me to do (warranty)?

geh, damn these long legs!

Hmmmmmmmm...boss kit maybe?

somehting else i read, this could effect the airbag efficiency.. ? different angles and position i guess. that could be bad, having the airbag go off too close to my face.

I thought it's illegal to change to an non air bag steeling wheel if the orginal was equiped with one?

It is....

Maybe the only thing that can be done for your go-go gadget legs is to have your seat rails moved back further. This will limit your rear seat legroom though, and will prolly have to have an engineers certificate for it, but it would help your problems... Cost unknown....

Or you could go the high-tower approach, and rip out the front seat and drive from the back... :P

I thought it's illegal to change to an non air bag steeling wheel if the orginal was equiped with one?

It is....

Maybe the only thing that can be done for your go-go gadget legs is to have your seat rails moved back further. This will limit your rear seat legroom though, and will prolly have to have an engineers certificate for it, but it would help your problems... Cost unknown....

Or you could go the high-tower approach, and rip out the front seat and drive from the back... :P

You're allowed to do it in Need For Speed tho? lol

It is....

Yeah I thought that but as I said the seat belt is already starting to float around infront of me. so if I move any further back the seat belt wont even be touching me. ie, if i crash my body will have to move to the seat belt before it can brace me for the impact... and then i get flung back to the seat anyway. wiplash++

Although...the backseat seat belt might help! hahaha no. only a racing harness would help here, and that would be lame.

6'8"

I dont really like the camrys, perhaps the V6 would be better then the one i drove but still. not my style. I dont like family cars.

Azza at that height he is Hightower!!!!