Everyday driving

im jst curious as to what can prove to be bad for your car mechanically as a result of eveyday driving....so for example riding the clutch, rollinging neutral, engaging the clutch around corners,etc.

a lot of things i here are myths but...i just want to know if anyone can educate me on this sorta of stuff

im not a mechanic but at the same time i dont have the time to read about "how the car works" so some simple replies would help.

im just mainly concerned about certain actions that could eventually cause a lot of internal damage on the car.

cheers.

Just don't do anything silly like revving the crap out of it and cruching gears all the time and you'll be fine. It's a car and it's a toyota and begging to be drivin lol. Any problems pop on here, use the search button, and see if anyone else has had the problem and what to do to get it fixed.

I'd say the manual that came with your car is the best source of information about some of the stuff you mentioned.

Take the time to read it, like I did... I found some pretty interesting stuff :D

I think the most important thing is don't race your engine when it's cold...don't let it sit in the garage for 5 mins to warm up either, just drive slow and easy for the first few mins until it reaches normal operation temp b4 you rev it hard.

I think the most important thing is don't race your engine when it's cold...don't let it sit in the garage for 5 mins to warm up either, just drive slow and easy for the first few mins until it reaches normal operation temp b4 you rev it hard.

You raise an interesting point about driving the car slowly when cold. This is exactly what I do - question though - mine has a habit of "surging" when cold and driving for the first few minutes. I was told by the service mechasnic that the sportivos will do this as they have high gearing. Is this something that other owners have encountered.

Cheers

You raise an interesting point about driving the car slowly when cold. This is exactly what I do - question though - mine has a habit of "surging" when cold and driving for the first few minutes. I was told by the service mechasnic that the sportivos will do this as they have high gearing. Is this something that other owners have encountered.

Cheers

you dont want to let it warm up too long otherwise u will deteriorate the cat converter

you should drive it pretty much straight away dont rev it hard til its warm

If its cold, i.e. your taking the car out for the first time of the day, i rekon let it warm for bout 2-3 mins, like you dont sit there with a stop watch, letting it warm for like 5mins plus, is just unnecessary. but i wouldnt go hitting 5-9grand on a cold engine, its just asking for promlems later on.

dry steering is bad news. But with these sportivo's i think everyone would agree that they are made to be revved, hence the compression ratio, and two they are toyota :)

If its cold, i.e. your taking the car out for the first time of the day, i rekon let it warm for bout 2-3 mins, like you dont sit there with a stop watch, letting it warm for like 5mins plus, is just unnecessary. but i wouldnt go hitting 5-9grand on a cold engine, its just asking for promlems later on.

dry steering is bad news. But with these sportivo's i think everyone would agree that they are made to be revved, hence the compression ratio, and two they are toyota :)

Bingo. I just drive mine out of the driveway once I start it and shift at 3,000rpm until the thermostat opens. Then open it up a little more once that needle is at 1/3 of the way. Btw the ecu's are smart. Can't rev it into lift if the motor is cold...just limits itself hehe.