Blowing white smoke

Bluedrags

Hi I have a 2012 aurion atx and it's been blowing white every now and then and only for short periods of time around 10 to 20sec then goes and sometimes just after you start car and drive 10 to 20m up the road.

It still runs fine temps are good and it can go for days without doing it.

I had a oil change done on it recently and asked them to have a look and they said it was low on oil which caused it to and of course it never did it when they had it.

I have checked the oils and coolant and both are fine oil is still good no milky look and the coolant doesn't drop.

Any help would be good as don't want to pay for repairs that don't need to be done.

Edited by Bluedrags
Added more info

Suggest that you do a search on this Forum with the search term "White Smoke" or "White Smoke on Startup". Alternatively, a Google search will also give you results for the posts on this Forum for that topic.

Expect to find advice to clean/replace the Positive Crankcase Ventilation [PCV] valve. Also check for the presence of oil sludge in the valve head area. If so, the recommended solution is to remove the front valve cover for a thorough cleaning and removal of the oil sludge. For badly sludged up engines, the oil pan will also need to be removed to thoroughly clean the oil pick up.

Ongoing preventative action is to use a full synthetic engine oil i.e. quality known brand of the recommended viscosity 5W-30 and regular oil changes every 5000-7500kms.  Also consider whether an oil flush product at oil changes can be safely used. 

If you are DIY, another way to check for oil sludge is to remove and inspect the oil filter cartridge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bluedrags said:

Hi I have a 2012 aurion atx and it's been blowing white every now

On 10/7/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bluedrags said:

I had a oil change done on it recently and asked them to have a look and they said it was low on oil which caused it

I suspect this particular Aurion was serviced according the stupid log book service interval, hence it's partially sludged up. 15k service intervals are very, very bad and this is what can happen as a result of "fixed price servicing" garbage invented by car makers. It's a total fraud in my mind and causes nothing but pain in the long run.

This will definitely require several oil flushes to de-sludge it and then going forward oil changes every 5K or thereabouts as Ashley mentioned. It's going to take some time to bring it back, but it will be ok if you got it in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1