Aurion Cup Holder Lid

Gaijin94

Hi everyone.

Newbie here. I have just bought a July 2011 Aurion Touring SE with low K’s and am absolutely loving it. The car is pristine inside and I’m really happy with it. I’ve only had it for a week and already something has fallen down the back of the lid on both the double cup holder near the gearshift and also the single holder just in front of the armrest. As a result neither of the lids open fully. 
Is there any way to get the lids off to unblock them?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Gaijin94

Ahhhh yesss... I remember this. Haha! Mine was like this when I bought it from the dealer I got it from. (over the cupholder one)

Was a bit awkward, but I used a bit of wire to poke up through it backwards and gently push. Turns out it was an old crusty pen was sitting in there and preventing it from opening fully. That whole console bit is fairly easy to take out without tools if you wanted to take it out and spend some time with it to get it out. I think there's a few YouTube videos on how to do it, and you don't need any screwdrivers or anything to take it out. I'd understand if you're hesitant after buying it though. I know I was. 😁

Great work buying the Aurion though! Welcome to the club and I hope you love the car as much as we all love ours!!! 🙂 Where abouts in Queensland are you located?

Have you joined the Facebook group? "Toyota Aurion Owners Group"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twixter said:

Ahhhh yesss... I remember this. Haha! Mine was like this when I bought it from the dealer I got it from. (over the cupholder one)

Was a bit awkward, but I used a bit of wire to poke up through it backwards and gently push. Turns out it was an old crusty pen was sitting in there and preventing it from opening fully. That whole console bit is fairly easy to take out without tools if you wanted to take it out and spend some time with it to get it out. I think there's a few YouTube videos on how to do it, and you don't need any screwdrivers or anything to take it out. I'd understand if you're hesitant after buying it though. I know I was. 😁

Great work buying the Aurion though! Welcome to the club and I hope you love the car as much as we all love ours!!! 🙂 Where abouts in Queensland are you located?

Have you joined the Facebook group? "Toyota Aurion Owners Group"

Thank you very much for the information. I will give it a crack this evening. I’m a bit hesitant but having the lids not opening properly is annoying me so will definitely try your way and then maybe take out the whole console if required.

Thank you for your welcoming message. I’m liking the car so much that I just want to keep driving it. I’m based on the Gold Coast…the busy part of the state. Will also check out the Facebook page. Wasn’t aware of that one so thank you!

• Like 2

Thank you Twixter! I was able to pull the console out and get a pen and an old business card out of the cup holders. Operating like new now! Thanks to you, I am one happy camper again! Much appreciated!

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, Gaijin94 said:

Thank you Twixter! I was able to pull the console out and get a pen and an old business card out of the cup holders. Operating like new now! Thanks to you, I am one happy camper again! Much appreciated!

Hey,

No problem! I'm glad you got it resolved for yourself. That's terrific! Yeah they're terrific fun cars to drive!

You mentioned you're on the GC, well I myself and on the SC lol. But we do have a FB group of our own for Sunshine Coast, Brisbane & Gold Coast areas: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brisbaneaurions/

We actually have an Aurion cruise coming up at the end of April this year! 🙂