Second row captain seats won't slide sideways.

njc

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a Tarago Ultima 2018. The second-row captain seats should slide sideways so that one can "walk" between the seats to reach the third row. But there are metal sliders/clips in the tracks at the bottom of the seats which are stopping seats to slide sideways. Any suggestions, how do I get rid of the sliders? Thanks. 

Can you tell if the side latch is working?? I’m assuming the cable is pulling by a latch to release a locking mechanism. It’s either cable has come loose or lock mechanism is jammed!

Edited by hayden

Thanks, Hayden for your reply. This is my second Tarago Ultima. Previously I had a 2009 model with the same second-row captain seats. Based on the "feel" of the lever which is the same as my previous Tarago, I am assuming that the cable is not broken. I am wondering if the metal clips which are in the tracks are stopping it from moving sideways. There were not there in earlier Tragos. You can see these clips in the image. Similar clips were in the third row as well. It just stopped the second row from going backward altogether and I could remove those clips. But just can't get rid of the ones from the second row. Any thoughts?

PXL_20230430_070813993.jpg

First time I come across them. I have a 2007 estima and it doesn’t come with those clips.

I think they were in post-2012 or definitely post-2016 models. I have seen them on other Taragos which were on sale