Has anyone used mannol 5w30w full synthetic oil?

TONEDEAF2

Never heard of it to be honest. Why would you use this as opposed to say a Nulon or Penrite product ?

Oil comparisons are a futile arguement and I gave up on this many years ago. I've been using the Nulon fully synthetic in my Aurion for 10 years or so and my engine internals are still like new so it must be doing something good I guess. I don't fall for the hype of the fancy Euro brands either.

Support local industry I reckon. We make some pretty good oil here to the envy of the world markets.

• Like 1

As I am no longer allowed to do my own oil changes , I am at the mercy or the mechanics. Nearly all of them use semi- synthetic, this is the only one I found that uses full-synthetic.

22 hours ago, TONEDEAF2 said:

As I am no longer allowed to do my own oil changes , I am at the mercy or the mechanics. Nearly all of them use semi- synthetic, this is the only one I found that uses full-synthetic.

Fair enough. I had a quick look online about this oil brand and there doesn't seem to be too much there about it. Those few that have used it say it's ok, but what you need to check is if it is an approved oil by Toyota. Get the specs and compare to what is written in your handbook. I'm assuming it's for your Camry 4 cyl right ?

The mechanic who uses it may be getting a really good deal on bulk purchase, as any business would, and although it may be ok some for some but not for others. 

I tend to think that it will be ok to use, but please just check it out first.