200 series Sahara Pre-collision system malfunction

sketchy pete

Hi all , we had some dash lights come on today whilst 25km into a 150km round trip on the highway. the yellow warning light that shows the pre collision system switched off has started flashing and text in the centre dash saying that the system is non operational. no engine codes are displayed. I meticulously cleaned the windscreen and the front radar along with all the external cameras. tried a different windscreen camera module from a mates Sahara and still no change, I've slid around under the car and checked for damaged wiring and removed the front radiator air dam under the bonnet and checked for clean connections onto the radar unit itself. nothing seems obvious to me. anyone had similar issues and what was the fix,,,

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2023 at 9:45 PM, sketchy pete said:

Hi all , we had some dash lights come on today whilst 25km into a 150km round trip on the highway. the yellow warning light that shows the pre collision system switched off has started flashing and text in the centre dash saying that the system is non operational. no engine codes are displayed. I meticulously cleaned the windscreen and the front radar along with all the external cameras. tried a different windscreen camera module from a mates Sahara and still no change, I've slid around under the car and checked for damaged wiring and removed the front radiator air dam under the bonnet and checked for clean connections onto the radar unit itself. nothing seems obvious to me. anyone had similar issues and what was the fix,,,

thanks in advance

Had the same problem, got it scanned and came up with faulty oxygen sensor, ( I won't say why...) Got it replaced and all is good. You need to get it scanned by someone that knows what they are doing. ( this is a short version of a tedious journey).

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same problem. 2017 Landcruiser Sahara.

I have been to a dealership who said they fixed it. They thought it was a wiring connector malfunction next to the windscreen rear view mirror. The problem returned after 6 months.

They showed me how to reset the "limp mode" when it happens.

• Close all doors.
  • Turn on engine.
  • Turn off engine.
  • Lock the car using the key switch.
  • Unlock the car using the key switch.
  • Repeat this two (2) more times. (total of 3 times).
  • The system resets, the messages disappear, the car is out of "limp mode".

This is great, except at the moment the problem returns about 20 minutes later.

Yes, it is frustrating but worst of all, depending on who you talk to, dealers included, everyone has a different solution, but nobody has the final solution.

At least, I have been told that I can keep driving the car whilst this error is displayed as long as I am aware that the pre-crash system won't work.

I must say that otherwise, I think this car is an absolute beauty.

Does anyone have a magic answer?

Peter.

Ours has done the same thing in the last 2 weeks.

I had it reset a dealer, but today it did it again.

Car is running fine but the pre-collison, limp mode and visit dealer came on.

Checked the battery - terminal and noticed it was loose. Issue has gone atm.

Anyone else had it diagnosed?

• 2 months later...

Does it have an after market roo bar fitted? If so check the connections in and around the bar as they can get damaged while fitting the bar, causing this same indication on the dash.