Applying wax

Mello

Ok i got around to detailing my car today...

gave it the full baby works Ph neutral shampoo + 35degree water

degreesed the wheels and brushed it off with tyre cleaner

claybar the whole car from top to bottom practically used up all my quick detail spray and so i ended up using shampoo and water solution for the rest.

At which this point the car was gleaming... absolutely mirror finish so obviously the next step is either rubbing compound or *bypass that step* and add sealent or wax

so i read the package and it says apply wax with pad and let it settle for a few minutes, wipe off with damp cloth then buff with a dry cloth...

At which this point i thought simple on and off and buff... i then did it and when i was taking it off it was leaving sections of "carnubal blob" which i tried to buff out but it keeps being pushed around.

It took me 2 hours too buff the front and the driver side door at which this point i grabbed my barely used "meguires quick wax spray and did the rest of the car".

Comparing to it the quick wax spray works best leaving a more gleaming reflective appearance whereas the application of the yellow carnubal wax makes it smudgy and not as appealing as i had hoped for.

How do i make this buffing process less tedious? can any1 give me some tips?

With those types of waxes it takes quite some effort to remove it all and reveal the shiny/smooth paint below. I'm not sure what product you're using, but with the products I use, this is the process I use to apply and remove paste type wax after the car is washed...

Apply to one panel at a time.

Apply wax in small circular motion. Wait until wax starts to dry and appears to have a hazy/powdery finish (Usually 5-10minutes)

Take 1 clean dry cloth and buff in a circular motion to remove the bulk of the wax. At this point in time the wax should be visibly removed but the paint work still wont be all that glossy, this is because there's still some wax there.

Take another clean cloth and again buff in a circular motion where you did before, the paint will really shine now and you'll feel it being alot smoother below the cloth.

Why two cloths. The first removes the bulk of the wax and will get clogged up with it. So when you keep buffing with this, you're kind of re-applying the wax and not getting anywhere unless you work very very hard and long. The second cloth removes what remains and brings out the shine.

As a last step, I also quickly wash the car with a clean soft sponge to remove anything I've missed and bling bling you're done.