Tyres

I need new tyres and the array of selections are doing my head in. ATM i have https://www.bobjane.com.au/a/215-60r16-tyres/bob-jane-all-rounder-1/bob-jane-all-rounder-plus-with-silica-215-60r16-95v/18694?variant_id=18694

However they have worn very quickly (30,000km) and they spin like **** on take off in the wet. I am after something better but not breaking the budget.  Im prepared to spend a tiny bit more for a better product. Any recommendations? I have constantly seen the Michelin  primacy and pilot sports recommended, are they really that good? and which one is better?

Edited by Henstepper

Don't even bother with Michelins, they've priced themselves right out of this world & they're unlikely to be available anyhow. Yes they're good but way over priced.

Bridgestone are as good a tyre if not better & more often than not you can get a set of 4 for your best price of 3. The RE003 are also supposed to be a good tyre, perhaps a little noisy though. I currently have the Potenza Sport which is as good if not better than the excellent Michelin PS4, certainly more grip even in wet, hard to break traction unless you really try. Not sure it's available in your size.

One thing you need to remember - you usually can't have grip, longevity & cheap all in one tyre. High grip/performance tyres don't usually last long and aren't cheap but they may save your life one day 😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They look like low profile tyres? Im not a huge fan of low profiles and the pothole city i live in wont bode well. Any other recommendations?

Edited by Henstepper

^^ Perish the thought of Potenza Sports for your car, not available in your size. Get the RE003, good compromise of performance & grip, currently on special !

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

^^ Perish the thought of Potenza Sports for your car, not available in your size. Get the RE003, good compromise of performance & grip, currently on special !

Bob jane and tyre power both said these are not recommended and they wear very quickly? They suggested the Michelin xm2+ or the toyo proxes c100? but have read bad reviews on those

Edited by Henstepper