IAC for 1997 Camry Vienta (3vzfe)

ASHX

I have a 1997 Camry vienta with a 3vzfe. My idle air controller is gone and I'm looking for a replacement. I came across an AISAN ISC 069 and was wondering if it's oem like denso? if not then is it a good replacement? I have also looked at GOSS and Tridon and was wondering which of them is better.

Also what aftermarket brand is good in genera PAT, GOSS or tridon? cause I can't find may toyota parts for my car so I need to rely on these

Aisan (not to be confused with Aisin by the way) has been an OEM supplier for Toyota carburetor, throttle-body and fuel-injection components since the '60s.  Unlike Denso and Aisin though, they're not actually part of the Toyota Group (but Toyota does have a financial interest in them)

• Like 1

Ah I see, I had no idea aisan was related to toyota. I initially thought it was clone of aisin or smth

On 4/20/2024 at 3:03 AM, ASHX said:

Ah I see, I had no idea aisan was related to toyota. I initially thought it was clone of aisin or smth

You'll see quite a few Japanese companies which have similar names to other ones due to the syllabic Japanese language (words are made up of syllables rather than distinct letters, so there are only so many combinations), or because they are named after their founding (and many people/places have similar names, also due to the syllabic nature).  Both Aisin and Aisan get the first half of their name from the Aichi Prefecture (a Japanese province) they started in, it gets a bit complicated after that (Japanese is a strange language, you can have individual syllables that are pronounced one way but when combined with another are pronounced differently, so the San part of Aisan comes from Mie Prefecture (both san and mi are related to the number three).  Aisin comes from when Aichi Kogyo (Aichi Industries) merged with Shinkawa Kogyo (Shinkawa Industries) to form Aisin Seiki (Aisin Standard, or something similar).

Another good example is that a lot of Toyotas will have Mitsuboshi (Three Stars) accessory belts, not to be confused with Mitsubishi (Three Diamonds)

• Thanks 1