Just witnessed!

glad it missed you, pete. :)

well said Tom, yah, it should be power to weight ratio, and all these jap imports...

Go to Chatswood, you'll be pixxed....all these red P with Porsche 4WD, BMW M3, Benz AMG, latest EVO....the list go on, and none of them below $60,000...

I once heard a rich girl took a Ferrari for a learner driving test...beat that!

so Pete, is that a GTST or GTR? the R33 are the most dangours out there...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad it missed you, pete. :)

well said Tom, yah, it should be power to weight ratio, and all these jap imports...

Go to Chatswood, you'll be pixxed....all these red P with Porsche 4WD, BMW M3, Benz AMG, latest EVO....the list go on, and none of them below $60,000...

I once heard a rich girl took a Ferrari for a learner driving test...beat that!

so Pete, is that a GTST or GTR? the R33 are the most dangours out there...

Vin it was R33 GT-T. Why do you say the R33 is the most dangerous?

Thanks P! I know terrible they are!

because R33 is the worst Skyline compare to R32 and R34. but R33 are the most common in Aus..

the worst? why?

because R33 is the worst Skyline compare to R32 and R34. but R33 are the most common in Aus..

the worst? why?

longest wheelbase, longest overhang

in general worse handling than R32 and R34

And he never got caught by the cops at all??

nah hes been caught several times... he lies low for a while, then starts driving again. He reckons the fines are less... i reckon he's an idiot.

And he never got caught by the cops at all??

nah hes been caught several times... he lies low for a while, then starts driving again. He reckons the fines are less... i reckon he's an idiot.

id have to agree with you!!!

how do these P plate drivers manage to drive these cars even though it is illegal?

I really dont know! Iv heard they not allowed to drive V8's either! So all they do is take the V8 decals off! <_< <_<

There are certain tricks here in canberra. Eg: It goes via capacity and induction. 5.0L or above for P platers? nope. So they can't drive a V8 right? Wrong lol. There are the V8 soarer motors which are below 5.0L, and also the 302 Cleveland V8's 4.9L (which are still beasts in their own right...*** they sound nice beefed up). So there are some little loopholes here. Dunno if this has changed, but yeah.

Reminds me of Australia Day.

Driving up to Sydney there was pretty heavy traffic through Engadine including a P-plater in a riced up Lancer weaving through the traffic. Where the road goes from 70 to 90 I thought i'd keep in the left lane since I figured there would be traffic turning into the national park and further up the road to Cronulla.

So what happens ahead of me? There was a lockup and the Lancer in the right lane had managed to rear-end a Corolla waiting to turn before almost taking out another car in the left lane. I think he may have tried to drive off but his car was too badly damaged.

i hate P platers who reckon they are king of the road...

i think im a pretty good driver, but i never go outside my limits... not even close!

sure, i give it a bit of a fang every now and then, but i never weave in and out of traffic, i know im not experienced enough yet... but ive had 1 mate write a car off, and i can probably think of another 7 or 8 who have had minor accidents...

thank *** noone has been killed yet that i know...

damn P platers (im so over being one... 2 years to go)

i agree with tom, i think im a reasonably good driver and never really push it that hard, but i will admit my little moment with tom scared me slightly.

Rob in ACT P-platers can drive whatever they like at whatever speed they like.

i call for more advanced driver training. and manufacturers and car salesman as well as the government to get behind this and support it. would make things safer imo

ive done an advanced driving course (got an A- , which i didnt think was too bad for someone who had been driving for about 3 months on their Ps)... and its saved my life a few times already...

well maybe not my life,(ive never been in that situation) but its been the difference betwen stopping clear of someone, or tapping the car in front in the wet...

i reckon the government should spend less money and energy in trying to slow P platers and putting useless rules in that can be easily avoided, and just educate us kids with some advanced driving courses! cost a ****load, sure... but if they want the votes, i think itll look pretty good when you give all those new 18 year old voters a driving day... :P

i agree with tom, i think im a reasonably good driver and never really push it that hard, but i will admit my little moment with tom scared me slightly.

Rob in ACT P-platers can drive whatever they like at whatever speed they like.

i call for more advanced driver training. and manufacturers and car salesman as well as the government to get behind this and support it. would make things safer imo

It was insurance. That's right. Not in relation what you can drive, but insurance. My bad man.

All true about too much power for P platers ( WA is the land of P platers of Worked skylines and WRX's). :rolleyes:

Thing is when I was going to get a XW original 4.9L Falcon which is a slow car I was slugged by insurance so reverted to a 6cyl Torana. I say slow as compared to a standard Falcon, Commodore, Corolla, Magna or whatever it is slow. B)

Maybe you need to get an upgraded licence and 1 years experience before getting something with more poke that a Lada. :P

All true about too much power for P platers ( WA is the land of P platers of Worked skylines and WRX's). :rolleyes:

I think sydney takes that prize by far! <_< <_<

Edited by CORZZA

the worst? why?

longest wheelbase, longest overhang

in general worse handling than R32 and R34

Spot on, I agree, Dennis_ZZE122.

And also, it's the cheapest & most common.....R33, GTST....but people thinks they're driving R32 GTR.....

ive done an advanced driving course (got an A- , which i didnt think was too bad for someone who had been driving for about 3 months on their Ps)... and its saved my life a few times already...

I've always want to do an advanced driving course....but where about can I join one? and what did they taught you Tom?

I heard if you bought an BMW M3, they'll give you a full day course that's worth $500, teach you how to drift etc etc etc......that would be MAD. :)

sighh too many idiots on the road....

last night i saw something similar... a van smacked right in the middle of a telegraph pole on the hume highway. looked like certain death but lucky the guy survied. there was also a commo involved and also a P plater..

sighh too many idiots on the road....

last night i saw something similar... a van smacked right in the middle of a telegraph pole on the hume highway. looked like certain death but lucky the guy survied. there was also a commo involved and also a P plater..

its a shame hey!

Good to hear you are ok, i think its hard to put blame on one thing when it comes to issues like that. It's collective and everyone has to be responsible, from the politicians to everyone of us taking responsibility of our own actions. First up i think every driver should be made to go through some advanced driving training before given their licence (i think Germany does that?), this allows them to understand some basic laws of physics and car dynamics and the inexperience/misconception many young drivers have with the many so called "Sports Cars" on our markets. many don't even know the difference in driving dynamics between rwd, fwd and awd. Scenarios like this usually end with someone seriously hurt or killed, glad it didn't happen this time.