Sportivo vs V6 camry

Tonight on the way home a lowered v6 camry pulled up next to me, it had th 17 inch GTP rims on it, looked nice, big fart can out the back, P plater of course, 98-2000 model, and a mate in the passanger side checking out my car, and of course giving him encouragement. He revs his car, i looked over and they're both just looking at the lights. I thought, arghhhh here we go again. So im revving it to let him know its on. Im sitting on five grand, lights go green, dropped the clutch, bogged into a wheelspin, needle stuck on 7 grand spinning like a mother######,i backed off the gas, it finally gripped, dropped to about 5 grand, i was easily a car and a half behind. Hit lift, reeld him in like a snapper, changed to second, stayed in lift, topped second, i could see his headlights in my side mirror, about a car and a bit in front, im in third, he backed off, i waited for him. He pulls up we had a chat, he was driving an auto, they asked what i had, i said 6 speed, they looked at me with a huh? They liked the rolla gave me a compliment on the pulling power, i dont think they knew i only had a 1.8 :rolleyes:. Good to spank a v6 anyday, even better the camry, i had one of those back in 98 and they were quick, to reel him in like i did made me realize that we have a quick little car. You dont really feel it since it has less torque, but boy does it have power.

good going lucio :P

anyone have any idea how the stivo would run against the camry sportivo?

in wheels mag they rated it 0-100 in 8.4, and i think the stivo at 8.2 (we know the stivo can do much better) tho since the stivo can spank some holdens and fords, guessin the camry wouldnt stand much of a chance.

NICE ONE!

when u let go of the pedal and stepped on it again at 7k, did u shoot forward? coz that happened to me once coz i started to slip off the stop line and then just kept slipping up to 7k coz at first i didn't quite realise it until it just felt the engine revved up really quick all of a sudden. by then i was just over 7k so i instinctively let go and floored it again and SHOT forward. awesome stuff! :D