Queen's B'day fun!

:lol: Wow, my first ever drag in my Stivo and what a perfect drag that was :lol:

I was just driving the Stivo out for a leisurely cruise today, went up a mountain pass and drove back down south towards Shellharbour on the Princess Highway when...

1) I see an N14 SSS with exhaust mod and chrome rims in front so i caught up and here comes a set of lights. 1st gear to 8200rpm (1 full car length in front) and that was basically it because the road was merging from 2 lanes to 1, and i didn't go any further.

Next up:

2)Behind us were 2 P-Platers in a 2003 Holden Commodore VX Ute (V6 i think) with nice deep sounding exhaust and a VT Commodore Sedan (V6). They probably saw the SSS and i were having some fun and wanted to play but for about 10 minutes they were unable to catch up to me due to traffic lights. Then they finally caught up with me and i wasn't interested in playing with them because i am not the sort of guy that takes risks on Public Holidays :P , but one of the Ute's mates waved at me to signal "It's On" so i thought what the heck if there is not much traffic and if we are lucky to hit a set of lights then so be it.

So there we were missing 4 sets of traffic lights with heaps of cars behind us and i thought forget it, but just 5 minutes from home, the opportunity came on a 3 lane street notorious for Police waiting at the other end. The lights turn Red. We all pulled up with the Stivo on the far right and the Ute on the far left. They started revving a little and i watched the lights, revved a couple of times (not watching tacho but should be around 4000rpm), Lights turn Green and GO..

Wheels spun for a second but surprisingly still neck and neck with the sedan and Ute, but once my wheels stopped spinning at around 5000rpm, i took a slight lead (the Holden's were shifting up a gear then) and Lift kicked in. Still neck and neck with Ute and the sedan falling half car behind. Revved 1st to limiter and a steady solid shift into second and i chirped the tyres revving on in Lift! :D (Was surprised, it was a perfect shift and it wasn't even a quick shift) 2nd gear allowed the Stivo to creep ahead of Commodore Ute by about half car length! and then to 2nd gear rev-limiter again and into 3rd gear lift (perfect shift again), this time about 1 full car in front of sedan and the Ute was falling behind as well. I jumped on the brakes a second after 3rd because it was a 70 zone :( No cops in sight, phew..

They pulled up at the next set of lights and the guy in the Ute said

" Nice driving, I was like WTF! Oh, its a Sportivo isn't it? " :lol::lol::lol:

What a day, adrenaline still rushing in me.. like i said i don't usually drag people but today was special :P

1 more thing, i noticed my shifter was much smoother to shift after that drag, wierd though because it only lasted a minute. Also something to note is that it was 2.30pm when we played and it was showing 24 degrees on the Stivo.

Sorry for the long post guys.

Zee

Thanks to the Monarchy, Sunday night proved to be a pleasurable cruze from WST Melb to Bentleigh, 3 of 'da boyz' in a VS senator 185i had to try (to be fair, it was in average condition, so prob. no longer makes 185kw, but try as they may (twice) they couldn't keep up with the lift, a good car length over them up to 90kph (I was in an 80 zone).

What for the 'boyz' to do now? :o

They were reduced to doing line lockers at the lights....... :lol:

:D :D :D .......I went.... And diced them for a third time

FYI... Current model V8 statesmans are fair game too :D

:ph34r: I guess I have a 'thing' for holdens...