Sportivo power problems

Hey everyone, i was hoping if anyone would be able to help me out on a problem with my 05 corolla sportivo....iv been experiencing changes in the power for my car...like at times the car would respond normally when i push a bit more on the gas...but then there are times when you can notice and feel like the drop in power off first and second gears..

For example when do rev the car to at least 5000rpm it wont give much power than usuall..its wierd coz the other occasions it works fine..

sorry guys i kno im not the best at explaining this problem but if anyone can help me out here it wud be much appreciated..

Hey Dejavouz,

Try this..... http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2020

Failing that, try and best isolate when it happens..... and see a dealer with the aim of repeating the fault.

"Other occasions"..... is this hours??? Days?? Weeks??? If it is from time to time...... are you buying good fuel?? Batch to batch can vary... brand to brand moreso. Fuel is like underwear.... we all need it, and we all choose differently. I find BP Ultimate seems to work well...consistent, previously i was an optimax man... but found this varied from batch to batch i reckon by about 5% in power...

its normal i would say. It depends on the weather, if its really hot car doesnt perform 100% :( , :( but on cold nights it pulls the hardest :P :P as many already know.

Or it could be vvti cause isnt it always varying depending on driver input eg throtle

Hey guys thanks for all the replys, as for the problem, it occurs at low rpms and not just at high rpms (even then i dont seem to get lift at those times: which may be a problem with the vvti??)...the throttle response seems to diminish on the days that i have the problem..

this happens on a weekly basis, i have to keep hoping if it runs better everyday..

as for the suggestion for resetting the ecu, i will try that asap and wil post back any changes

thanks everyone