New Anti-Hoon Laws in affect 01/07/2006.

The Boffin Politicians have done it again.

Lets say that your pride and joy slides over an oil slick on a rainy day, completely unintendedly. This could represent the breaking of the new "anti-hoon" laws. Your word against theirs, and guess who will win in court. This is a dark day for motorists.

This means that you could loose your ride, gone, all those thousands of dollars.

Id10t Politicians, they really have no clue. Its called Propaganda. About 1 million new cars go on our roads each years. A quarter of this figure is what gets taken off our roads. This means that the road toll is always decreasing as the number of vehicles on the road is increasing, shoud'nt this figure be a percentage than a number.

What it is that the law enforcement agentcies see road users as easy targets, more serious crimes such as killing and rapes are too hard, and on the rise. Then why are these crimes counted as a percetage.

Again, Propaganda.

Solution = Better education and obtaining a vechile license is really toooo easssyyyyy.

$$$ Revenue!

Yes better driver education is paramount. Way too easy to get a licence to drive.

This morning I was travelling down a certain major arterial, A police car travels past me at 110km/h, I know this because I followed behind for a few km's as did other drivers.

To my amusement, another TOG unit was stationed a few kilometers further along with a radar gun. The speeding police vehicle was provoking drivers to speed as well so they get caught by the unit waiting with the radar.

But don't blame the police, they're only following orders handed down by a greedy government...

Actual policemen can also be arrogant depending on personality. There are heaps nice ones and then total jerks who would book their own mother. Ask micky_t, he had an experience with an aggressive officer a few weeks ago

yeah it all depends on the cop...

a mate of mine got pulled over for neg driving (he took a corner too fast and crossed some double lines) and the cop said he'd lose 3 points and $xxx fine... he never got the letter and he's still got all his points... i think the cop just didnt bother putting it through the system or something...

This is stupid. This is just going to cause people to do a 'runner' when the police try and pull them over, and do things with car indentity to avoid being prosecuted. Who want's to lose their car? To some people their car is the only thing they have. Looks like we'll just have to be careful that's all. I don't think we'll meet that many cops that will stoop so low as too take our car away from us for hitting an oil slick etc. I think they'll be trying to smash young fools in skylines (huh pete lol).

I hope anyway.

Surely they can use peoples driving records and history to make judgments...

we are humans and we make mistakes...surely they have to account for mistakes on the road...

we are not robots...