What does 151db sound/look like?

BigBum

Obviously the sound is nothing in comparison to hearing it in life but it's a good indication of what it can do to your car. Frankly, anything 150 and over is mighty scary to be around. Here's a vid of my mates Swift. A true Audio Freak in the SPL scene. He's planning to upgrade to something even more crazy (celestra amp and dd9515 subs) that should hopefully put him in the 160's and set a world record for his class.

Atm his setup is just 4X 15" Fusion Power Plant subs and 2X Jonah Lomu amps. Running a 151db with a custom homebuilt ported enclosure.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Fusion/fpw1500.1.wmv

• 10 months later...

wow, how do you exactly calculate how much db you have? i wanna check as soon as i get my new deck. the guy i bought my sub from, he said he won a spl competition last year, a beemer, he had a jlw6v2 running. :/ and he pulled off 140db-ish.

wow, how do you exactly calculate how much db you have? i wanna check as soon as i get my new deck. the guy i bought my sub from, he said he won a spl competition last year, a beemer, he had a jlw6v2 running. :/ and he pulled off 140db-ish.

I've heard you need to buy a few tools (like a dB signal reader, don't know the official name :P) and setup an isolated testing environment. The interesting thing with noise levels is there can be incredible differences between 1 and 2 dB...

You need an SPL testing meter if you want to see how loud your stereo is; there's a cheap one selling for $270 on MEA, but it only measures up to 150dB.

151dB is huge; my stereo was silly loud and it only peaked just over 140; a whole league behind.

aww, thats to much, anyone in melb got a tester?

Phatt audio in breaside to, there was a test and tune for SPL there last sunday :)

Yah Phatt Audio are awesome!

I totally forgot about this thread.

• 2 weeks later...