Head Unit stock

campeon

Hello, I am thinking of installing 2x10inch subs and amp, I would like to know if the stock head unit in a 05 Sportivo has RCA outputs? and if not what time of Output does it have? Does anyone have the specs on the stock unit?

Hello, I am thinking of installing 2x10inch subs and amp, I would like to know if the stock head unit in a 05 Sportivo has RCA outputs? and if not what time of Output does it have? Does anyone have the specs on the stock unit?

no RCA's from what i remember, just the standard toyota plugs.

You can always sell your headunit, from the avg sale price, they go for about $100-$130 depending on the seller.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5704

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5798

Xpolshun is looking for a 6cd mp3 headunit, so PM him if you're looking to sell.

Edited by neK

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread..

but i have done a few searches, and read a fair few threads just then also.

so i'll just add/ask to this thread...

i have an facelift stivo... i want to install my subs/amp and upgrade speakers, but want to keep the stock head unit for now.

so to do this, i have a buy an RCA convertor? yeah?

and mainly, anyone recommend any good brand/s for a convertor?

thanks in advance

DNA designer audio make them but they arn't very good compared to some others. Depends how much do you want to spend? Cos there are some really good ones at the $500 mark :)

hey gerald..

an rca adaptor is like $15 bucks from autobarn. ive had one in my corolla for a while now (on the stock head unit) and its connected to 2 amps and havent had a problem yet! (besides my cd player not working, but thats nothing to do with the RCA thing)... just splice the 2 front speaker cables and solder the RCA adaptor to that (behind the head unit).

there are more expensive ones, but think bout it - your ears wont know the difference between a $15 rca adaptor and a 50-80+ buck adaptor.

Edited by JJCRU23R

true, if you have the speaker level inputs then you can use that in place of the RCAs... but i guess thats only if youve only installed a sub.

using the speaker level inputs wont make sense in my car, which ive amp'd up my front splits and my sub. if i upgraded my head unit (which i plan on doing eventually), i wouldnt be using any of the stock speaker wires at all. all my audio would be coming through my amps which is connected through the RCAs.

i guess its depends on what your doing.

since encounta is upgrading both speakers and subs, im guessing he wants to amp the lot.

in that case he could do either the level inputs (if his amps have em) or the RCAs (+RCA adapter) since hes sticking with the stock head unit.

but yea as i mentioned earlier, if hes got all that installed already and then decides he wants a new headunit, then hed have to use the RCAs.

Edited by JJCRU23R

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

can someone recommend a place in sydney (cheap) i can do this.

and i probably cant DIY for this as i dont have a clue with electronics.

Will pay somoene to help me, how much will everything allup cost?

• 2 weeks later...