R35PCT - 93 CAMRY - GEN3 - any ideas

manu_boy

unfortunantly, not much at all... maybe a new deal designs from birds continuously finding my car, no matter where i park it and them sh!tting on it... ahh well... but that barely lasts until the end of the day...

the last thing i have done on it was debadge the back and just before that was when i put the rims on it... otherwise nothing else i can think of... havent had too much time ...

*i have a 5" tacho sitting in my room (which was a bday present) and was going to put that in.. but its too big, i think im trying to trade it somewhere for a neat 3 3/4" one... or just one thats not soooo big or neither too small.... this is because there is no rev gauge in the dash... i know the sound of the engine, but it would still be nice to know...

*also had the thought of changing the colour of the lights in the dash...

*i started looking into some sort of air filter/intake ... but didnt get too much help with this and again time factor kicked in... and im not sure how hard it would be to put one on - piping and labour etc... is it something that it is easy to do yourself or get it done professionally? im not too auo savvy as yet but willing to learn as long as the car still runs... haha! then the cost factor crossed my mind and whether it would be worth it... is there anything gained from it? if i remember correctly it gives you a bit of sound and cools down the engine more effeciently?? is that correct? what brands are best to look for? any particular models? what sort of price for something like this? what best would suit the 93 4cyl gen 3 camry?

lol... well thats my life story

this is why i have been kept in limbo about it all... i just need to get my head around it i suppose and just try and free up some time and as nike say 'JUST DO IT!'

POD FILTER UPDATE:

I got a SAAS performance air filter pod and the appropriate piping and all up only cost me $50 (worth about $60ish) from Autobarn ... i unscrewed the old air box, fit the piping and attached the poddie to that... so its all done... im now getting a nice little hissing sound from it and he mentioned that you can get K&N air filter cleaners that you can use if you want and the pod should last as long as the car... it seems to be doing the job, so I'm happy.

30112008154.jpg

pod fitted

30112008155.jpg

under the hood

30112008157.jpg

close up

Just thought I would keep you guys updated

Edited by manu_boy