R35PCT - 93 CAMRY - GEN3 - any ideas

manu_boy

gday guys,

im from melbourne, im 21 ...

i have got a camry late 93 gen3 round body.

have done a little work on it... its just hard atm coz of cash factor...

i have put a 2 1/4" viken sports muffler on my baby to make it sound sexyyyy.

ive also put blue (Neon) LED lights under the dash and on the passenger side as well.

i have racing pedal covers, and blue seat covers ..

i have changed the head lights to a White Blue Xenon Head Light . . .

A Sony Explode Head Unit and 2 6x9 Kenwood Speakers came with the car ..... i upgraded the head unit to a SONY USB one.. it has done me well... and also have put 6" JL Splits in the front... it was an effort and a half to get them in because the stockies are $" and they were 6" and the interferance with the window was an issue... so ended up having to cut a little into the botttom of the door and make special customer brackets for it... sounds great now, so I'm a happy chappy!

also i did noticed that the dash had blistered and the sponge has come up where the front a/c demister vent is... which has now been fixed....

got some rims and tyres for $700 which make the car look neat...

Im still looking to putting some more TLC into it.... and wanted to do a few more things to it...

any questions or suggestions, let me know, im open to all ideas...

would like to spend more on it, but just trying to work out if it is really worth it...

just need to weigh up possiblities ...

also i recently got some personalised plates 'R35PCT' (respect) with some simple plate covers that make it look professional. i also have a 5" Tacho sitting here in my room, which i got for my bday which was ready to go into the car, although i found it was too big and i wanted to change it over for a smaller tacho, that would look neat, but not over the top excessive... yeah... well give me some feedback, would love to hear what you have to say...

i have chucked up some photos for you to check it out...

let me know what you think...

18 months ago when i got it...

post-2486-1154266977_thumb.jpg

after a wash and some TLC...

post-2486-1154266990_thumb.jpg

At Night with the LED shining on the pedals...

At night interior LED and Head Unit...

Nice and sexy with the new plates (R35PCT) ...

post-2486-1154267158_thumb.jpg

At Night with the plates - rear end...

post-2486-1154267199_thumb.jpg

The Numberplates ... (respect)...

hope you like it... tell me your thoughts and give me a bit of feedback . . .

thanks guys

Edited by manu_boy

can i suggest a blue dash??

you can buy the light cover from autobarn / super cheap auto for next to nix. It's a cheap little mod, but time consuming :S. I know there some other guys here that have done the same.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=4015

may I suggest you look there for ideas. I too would like to get a blue dash happin', so stay tuned to my garage :)

btw, you pinched my foot pedals you bast! :P

Edited by Big(I love my toyota)Pete

We have a camry and if you want some "r3spct" ... sell the bloody thing ! Please do not 'modify it'.

Unless you are going to put a 3sgte into it which makes it all ok ~

We have a camry and if you want some "r3spct" ... sell the bloody thing ! Please do not 'modify it'.

Unless you are going to put a 3sgte into it which makes it all ok ~

rofl

now now, the quad cam V6's out of the Vienta's aren't too bad either. They go straight in.

Alas he is a student though, and doesn't have the funds. Dude, just have fun with it. If you want, and you have the cash later on, just drop it onto some 18's or even 19's, tidy up the outside more, and find a kit for it (new gel here in canberra did an awesome kit for a fully customed Vienta [v6 quad cam turbo job], was repsrayed gold).

That'd be the most expensive thing to do, but at least you'd have the cred to match the numberplates then I guess.

Just have fun though ;)

wait wait wait .. is it AUTO or MANU ?

(sorry that was a bad play on words !!)

haha. I don't think it would matter that much to them to be honest. with the Quad Cam V6 though it is matched to a 5 speed manual I know that much.

big wheels, airbags, kit, and huge doof doof stereo should do them lol.

then later on when $$$ comes in more, buy a Supra muahaha.

We have a quad cam vienta .. its a very cumfy car ..

I think you know where I am going with this .. PIMP it ..

19's , lowered, extremely cambered .. that will not cost very much - definitely affordable on a students salary

Maybe $3,500 all up ? That should keep you occupied for a while Manu, and will definitely Pul Da Chiks !

We have a quad cam vienta .. its a very cumfy car ..

I think you know where I am going with this .. PIMP it ..

19's , lowered, extremely cambered .. that will not cost very much - definitely affordable on a students salary

Maybe $3,500 all up ? That should keep you occupied for a while Manu, and will definitely Pul Da Chiks !

Dolce's hehe

MANUAL!!!!

has a bit of guts

i got the plates for a birthday pressie and they are coming with me to my next car... in the future... not to sure what it will be but it would be a while still...

thanks guys for the feedback... ill see how i go...

i will do some research into the blue dash, sounds interesting

its good ideas with the rims, lower and see how i go...

speak soon, keep in touch

MANUAL!!!!

has a bit of guts

i got the plates for a birthday pressie and they are coming with me to my next car... in the future... not to sure what it will be but it would be a while still...

thanks guys for the feedback... ill see how i go...

i will do some research into the blue dash, sounds interesting

its good ideas with the rims, lower and see how i go...

speak soon, keep in touch

Awesome dude...do keep in touch ;)

The first thing I'd probably do to it (and what I've done to my Gen 4 wagon) is toss out the crappy stereo. I mean, you're always going to be driving it, not looking at it, so I reckon getting some decent speakers and a good deck is the way to go. It sounds like it'll have the stock front speakers. They canbe replaced with a set of Jaycar's 6.5" Response Splits (RRP $150). You'll hear a massive improvment in sound quality. Then when you're ready you can lose the 6x9's and get a sub and amp, and that should do it if you're not an audio freak like some.

Otherwise the above ideas sound good (bigger wheels etc), but if you're into blue neons and blue dashboards and extra guages go for it.

• 1 month later...

i wanted to get some rims, but again, sort of on budget... maybe willing to spend around 1G mark .. please your thoughts on this one...

For 1k you might get wheels... if u are intending on getting low profile tyres with those rims for 1k you would have to go with the cheapest tyres you can find. I was just at the wheel shop and he quoted me between $300-400 per tyre but i was looking at yokohama, micheline and pirelli.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

Sorry I havent been on here in a while...

As I mentioned with keeping you guys updated, I got a wicked deal on some rims and tyres... a few months ago

it was $700 for a set of 16" akuza rims and a basic set of bridgstone (originally going to be cheap home brand ones, but when i spoke to the guy he mentioned that he would just chuck them in)... gives the car a completely different look... beats hubs cabs anyday...

other than that, havent had much time to play with it...

i will get photos up for you guys soon...

And also Did up the sound system a little, got myself some 6" JL Splits, had a hard time getting them in though, because it had a stock 4" one, and when I went to put the bigger ones in, it got in the way of the window. they sound heaps better...

also have updated the head unit, got a sony USB head unit, has aux input at the front and came with a free mp3 player, which is usb and can plug in and play in teh car, so barely have used CD's.... i think it was the CDX GT470U or somethign similar to that...

by the way, if you guys have anymore ideas that come to mind as top some cheap effective mods, shoot them through, love to hear your ideas...

If you're after cheap cosmetic mods... I'll make a list... lol.

Fronts are always interesting to fit. Normally you'll need to either make a custom fibreglass pod for the front door panels, or you get some MDF mounts and screw them onto the door... much fun indeed :rolleyes:

My mods so far:

- Custom front indicators... Made with 3mm clear perspex, which I heated up and glued to the original housing... I know quite a few Camry drivers who've done this on theirs. No one custom makes these, and the US ones won't fit. They have a different front bar.

- Aftermarket Red/Clear/Red US imported tail lights... sorta plug n play, but need to jumper a wire in the harness to get the 3rd bulb happening.

- Custom black door trims. Normally these start to peel off over the years. Ended up replacing all 4 doors... took a while, but a cheap mod none the less. Mine are all black :P - it matches the leather steering wheel and gear shifter.

- Clear side indicators. Buy from Autobarn... don't touch Ebay - they don't fit.

- Respray windscreen wipers to suit the car... looks good, lol.

- Mesh the front grill and the bottom of the bar. Tidies it up a hell of a lot.

- Debadge the back of the car... take the TOYOTA badge off... CSi badge or whatever you have, and just leave the Bulls Horn badge on there. Use a hairdryer and metho or sumfin to clear the old glue off the back end. Makes the car look shizloads better.

- LED lights... put one in the glove compartment, one in the ceiling, one in the boot... rear number plate... and redo the dash lights blue... they look good. I think you did yours though? Kewl.

- Upgrade air filter to K&N and change intake snorkel pipe... No performance gain, but sounds much better :P

There's probably a few more... can't remember off the top of my head, lol. I haven't got any pics at the moment, they're all on a Camry forum that I'm mainly on.

If you want more power (dunno your engine type, but the V6 3VZFE likes quality), so give it a couple of tanks of 98 octane, Nulon injector cleaner, and when you service the oil, put in the Nulon "Lifter free tuneup". It'll clear the engine right up, and you might notice the engine making a few extra loud putting noises for a while. Normally this happens because the treatments have dislodged some sludge from the cams or wherever, and prob burning off in the cylinders. Mine's in the midst of doin that now :)

Thanks heaps for the heads up about your mods... ill look into some stuff... atm the moment i have the LED's at the feet of the driver and passenger (under the steering wheel and the glove compartment) , but havent done the actually dash yet, but i did start to look into it, but was unsure abotu the efoort required to get the dash off and get to the globes on the dash... have you done them? how difficult was it to take it all apart? did you use new LED globes or just covers to go over the original ones?

when you debadge a car, does it effect the value much ? when you eventually go to sell it?

how much do air intakes cost? are they hard to fit? or how much to get them fitted? whats the best type? (K&N? model number?)

Thanks for that mate. Be in touch

Edited by manu_boy

Debadging... only held on by glue. If you wanna put em back on, clean em up, and get some 3M tape and stick em back on mate. Easy done.

The LEDs for the dash cluster... not too hard. Just gotta get the dash on and off (that's about the hardest bit, and there's only a few screws and clips to undo to get it out).

There's 4 of the T10 globes horizontal to each other... they somewhat screw on, and touch a contact at the same time. You'll need a T5 globe of the same colour to replace the light that covers the 0-20km/h area (only small amount of area... will come up as white otherwise).

The air intake? If you're just wanting to replace the air filter, then just drop a panel filter in mate. Honestly, I notice no difference with a larger intake (new snorkel down to front bar to suck in cool air) and a K&N Panel filter. You may notice it to be less restrictive somewhat, and the fact that you won't need to buy a replacement air filter... that's it really.

Any other info, just hit me up. I'm normally on another Camry forum lol.

Cheers

Edited by Whip Cracker

• 4 weeks later...

Well, take your pic... there's heaps of things you can do to the car mate.

At the moment, I'm getting a part that was only sold in the states... covers the front part of the bonnet, just in front of the radiator. Cleans it up extra nice (good when you have Camry mate contacts in the US)

There's only two of us that will have em as well :P

• 3 months later...