This is not a scam!!

Return it and get the other one, the light green can.

Because it also lubes, it leaves behind a film of lubricant. This film of lube easily allows particles to attach to it. The O-Ring just rolls off. Give it a few blast. Let it dry, its really quick as it rapidly evaporates.

Cheers

Im guessing you're talking about this one?

Or should i go to D1ck Smith and get this

CRC NF Contact Cleaner $19.95

CO Contact Cleaner Plastic Safe formula is a technically proven, stable, inert high purity cleaning solvent. It is non-corrosive, non-staining, and has a rapid-complete evaporation - contains no lubricants.

It is formulated to remove light contaminants, dust, lint, atmospheric⁄oils, finger prints, moisture from precision electrical⁄electronic equipment where lower-flashpoint solvents may be used. It leaves no residue to increase resistance. 350g can.

or

CRC Switch Cleaner Lubricant

A specially formulated lubricant that provides the single operation of both cleaning and lubricating sensitive switches and contacts.

The special solvents used can chemically dissolve and quickly clean away oils, grease, dust and atmosphere contaminants and then quickly evaporate to leave a thin film that will protect and lubricate the surface. 300g aerosol can.

just for your knowledge i used the first one don;t know how good it is compared to other brands, i only used it cause i had it laying around.. maybe go with what suprathai said ad gow ith the jaycar and save yourself some dosh.. in the end it's up to you. i have a friend that uses throttle body cleaner an that seems to do the trick also.

i ended up getting the $20 one from DSE (the CRC CF Contact Cleaner) which leaves no residue.

Whats an extra $10, im sure it will come in handy later :D

Anyways, i ended up cleaning the MAF and IAT sensor.... car definately idles lower, and is smoother in delivery.

Now lets see if fuel consumption goes down :D

Thanks for all the advice guys!

yes i did drop/break mine azza... expensive exersice

the part you have to watch out for are the 2 wire elements down the base of the shaft closest to O-ring

these are the 'hot wires' which give the readings for how much air is passing over them