Just had the Sportivo Rear Ended

Coming home from work some d head used my Sportivo to stop his dunnydore.

New licence, no money. no insurance.

Problem is the damage is probably a lot worse than it looks the bumper is squashed in and a piece of sharp metal like a stick shape is pushing through. The carpet in the boot is buckled so looks like the body has been affected. Exhaust tip has paint on it but does not look like it has moved

What I need help in is that the door light remains on although the boot hatch seems closed. So what that means is I can't lock the car by the remote.

Where is the door close sensor for the hatch how can I trick it into thinking the hatch is closed properly.

Oh the agony of it all.

PS does anyone know if RACQ has the no blame policy

He must have 3rd party insurance. You should be covered by it. If not, you did get his "correct details" right? If so, get your solicitor to draft up a letter, basically no insurance, sue his *****@!!! GOOD LUCK

Edited by Black Magic 05

Very sorry to hear that Trevor. :( the boot doesn't have a sensor that i can see to trick unlike the other doors so I would be turning the interior light off and just using the key to unlock. Sensor must be in the catch or something like that.

He must have 3rd party insurance. You should be covered by it. If not, you did get his "correct details" right? If so, get your solicitor to draft up a letter, basically no insurance, sue his *****@!!! GOOD LUCK

not necessarilly... he must have 3rd party personal (CTP), not 3rd party property ;)

you are covered if he injures you but not your car.

sorry to hear about this Trev, hope you get things sorted out fine.

If the guy hasn't got money to pay for insurance...he wont have money to pay damages in a law suit...

One of my law lecturers once said...."sue the person with the money"

or ur gona be more out of pocket than u are now...

sorry to hear about ur car

Normally if you have the person at fault's details your insurance company will repair your car and then chase him for the money. You will innitially have to pay your excess however when they retreive the money it will be refunded. If he's poor now hes gunna be worse off when your insurance company get hold of him. If he declares bankrumpcy or skips town you are out of pocket your excess but it shouldnt effect your no claim bonus.

I worked in general insurance a few years back and this is how it should still be.

The bit sticking out is the end of the chassis rail.

Thanks for looking silvabullit had already done that - hope the door open bulb does not blow if its left on for a couple of weeks.

Anyone know a good RACQ repairer on the Southside

The bit sticking out is the end of the chassis rail.

Thanks for looking silvabullit had already done that - hope the door open bulb does not blow if its left on for a couple of weeks.

Anyone know a good RACQ repairer on the Southside

Sorry to hear what happen, just call your insurance buddey, tell em what happen. They will fix your car and they will chase him for money. He will maybe end up paying like 50 bux a month till he pays it off. Racq repairer on southside are Swains not sure for the address just when u go behind autobarn at moss st. that street behind it follow it up and near the t section at compton rd turn one street before to your left when u go from autobarn. Or u can use Southside body works which is located at 8 dan st. underwood, u get in it from moss st. just across the pedders ;). Both are very recommened as my family has used both of them. Just see whos not as busy. Good luck.

Big Russ

Just lodged the claim over the phone this morning and some good news. I get to keep my rating one for life, because I had all his details and a witness I don't have to pay the excess.

Getting a quote this morning and seeeing assessor later today.

And I get a rental car (up to $40 a day) for being a Gold Card holder

Weatheralls smash repairs are a suncorp recommended repairer at Windsor behind Maccas on Lutchywe rd. Have used them before and they are very good and are in fact one of the nominated BMW/Merc/Porsche repairers.

Normally if you have the person at fault's details your insurance company will repair your car and then chase him for the money. You will innitially have to pay your excess however when they retreive the money it will be refunded. If he's poor now hes gunna be worse off when your insurance company get hold of him. If he declares bankrumpcy or skips town you are out of pocket your excess but it shouldnt effect your no claim bonus.

I worked in general insurance a few years back and this is how it should still be.

hmm.. i think that if you have insurance and the other person doesnt and you are deemed to be not at fault that you dont pay anything.... ring your insurance company to check.... but i am pretty sure that they cant make you pay for anything if the police report states that you are not at fault and you have all the other guys details...

All sorted now no excess assessor has approved work. Probably not too bad really cost to fix is $2500.

They put the slide hammer on the lock and pulled it out a bit so it locks again.

I have to wait for a month to get it in to the panel shop which is a hassle as the rear hatch lets in heaps of noise and a bit of exhaust.