AEM CAI Group Buy

GAZOOM

hmmmmz

If thats the costs (before customs + GST) we might as well all import them separately.

Jade picked it up the CAI @ $245 USD (delivered to AU), which is $325 AUD.

hi... got my aem cai of raceoptions two months ago..... it was relatively cheap.... cost me a total of USD$245 including postage..... postage was only $60US.... drop them an email and they will come down in price if you deal outside of ebay ;)

they were great to deal with....

So $165 + 60 = 225USD = $296.96

Cant we just get them all shipped separately instead then? WOuldnt that bypass customs??

Just realised, they are requesting $298USD for shipping of 4 units when Jade only paid $60USD for shipping of one unit, if my maths serves me correctly, then the shipping costs should be <$240 USD.

And if JAde is located in hunter valley (As stated in their profile, one would think that shipping to a major city would be cheaper than a non major city).

Sounds like the companies are trying to milk us :angry:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.

Note: However, where there are multiple packages to the same addressee in Australia from a single consignor overseas that arrive at about the same time, then the value of all packages will be combined for duty and tax assessment purposes. Refer to example 1.

Is it possible to clarify IF the $1000 limit includes the actual shipping costs??

Im actually thinking if its possible to have 2 CAI's shipped at a time? That would ensure that there would definately not be any import duty or GST (im assuming when they said TAX FREE they meant GST free cos thats the only other tax that gets slapped on - based on the examples provided further down on the customs page).

If we get them shipped to two separate address' (Gazoom for one, and a trusted TOCAU member - i nominate Xoom. :P then we can arrange pickup amongst ourselves). Obviously if we feel uncertain we can ship to individual address.

Cos if they come as one address they will have the whole consignment valued together (and we potentially have to pay additional taxes).

EDIT: Have sent customs an email requesting some calcuation/tax advice on items being shipped that are valued <$1000 (inclusive of shipping costs), and what taxes would actually apply.

PS: Who is prepared to install a CAI for me?

I can provide you assistance in fixing PC's, doing your tax returns (if its basic :P ) and providing financial advice (but not info on direct shares), however if non of those are of interest, theres always a carton of beer :lol:

Edited by neK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ship each individually. Unliklely to attract GST and DUTY Tax. IF it does attract GST, I imagine it would be charged to the addressee, therefore we all just pay Gazoom the correct amount and then work out everything individually.

hi

if this is still going ahead and there is still a spot for one CAI in Melb, I'm still in. Pm me the details or watever.

Looks like this GB has lost its momentum.

Nobody has committed to being 100% in besides myself and Specialized32.

Therefore I'm not going to waste anymore time and ordering my AEM CAI.

Specialized32 I don't think there is any point ordering together as your in Melbourne and I'm in Sydney.

So everyone for themselves.

yeah its been too quiet for too long now and all the original buyers have either piked or dont want to spend that much (fkd up shippping prices, import s****e etc) so yep everyone for themselves. Anyone who wants one in melbourne i have e-mailed the original sellers we had pitched to and they still have good prices (no more than 300 AUS to your door) but thats for my order of two and im getting mine verry soon so if you want in pm me asap.

So GROUP BUY CLOSED?

I think the problem with this group buy, everyone was expecting a cheap price cuz of the initial PM. I mean $245 was too cheap. Now no body wants to pay anymore. I think for future group buys, price shouldnt be discussed till some research has gone into it. So first thing, find out how much 5, 10 and 15 will cost with shipping/taxes, then see who is in. Also give prices in US dollars and OZ dollars on a specific date, i.e. 1 AEM CAI $300US ($8000AU on 09/09/09) etc

Edited by VVTLiR