SuperCat Exhausts

I was at an exhaust shop and i was looking through a catalogue for Supercat exhausts. They have the same product number as magnaflow just $90 cheaper.

My question is are they the same just rebadged (same materials, same packing) or just a cheap and nasty rip off?

Hmmm they actually aren't too bad although it depends of the application and vehicle I think man. I know that my mate bought a supercat catback system for his R32 GTS-t cheap 2nd hand until his Tanabe Catback comes and it's actually pretty good. Made a fair bit of power for him (although the Tanabe will be considerably more powerful).

Try googling and have a look see what other people say.

Additionally, try ozhonda.com etc and see what some other modders think of them man.

EDIT:

You could always go for a Meerkat System or a Beaver Muffler man rofl.

Edited by bADbOYz

Thanks Dude!

I had a look on google and found the website for supercat. They had both systems on their site, i called them and was told that they are both the same (Typical Salesmen talk), they gave me another exhaust place number and speaking to them they said that the magnaflow was a little quieter and better packed...

The guys at rapid quoted me $345 for the 14807 magnaflow fitted and $275 for the SCH14805 supercat.

I had a Supercat canon on my last Corolla and it was the best sounding muffler ever... Excellent quality product too...

I must admit it sounds really good on my mates skyline too. Well there you go NIKICH, some feedback man haha.

I'm running a SuperCat rear box.

Inlet suits the stock Sportivo piping (2 1/4" i think) and has a 4" rear tip.

Good thing about this particular box is that it maintains the stock diameter all the way through with only the tip changing and that helps to maintain good back pressure.

I have no idea what the part number is though, sorry.

I just saw it in the exhaust shop and liked it. (after playing round with other rear mufflers).

Sounds great from the outside at all engine speeds. Low and mean when pulling away from a standstill and the same on down shifts. North of 6 grand its a different story, it becomes more of a high pitched snarl with a little bit of rasp.

Ask the other members of the Canberra crew how it sounds.

I'm running a SuperCat rear box.

Inlet suits the stock Sportivo piping (2 1/4" i think) and has a 4" rear tip.

Good thing about this particular box is that it maintains the stock diameter all the way through with only the tip changing and that helps to maintain good back pressure.

I have no idea what the part number is though, sorry.

I just saw it in the exhaust shop and liked it. (after playing round with other rear mufflers).

Sounds great from the outside at all engine speeds. Low and mean when pulling away from a standstill and the same on down shifts. North of 6 grand its a different story, it becomes more of a high pitched snarl with a little bit of rasp.

Ask the other members of the Canberra crew how it sounds.

His muffler good *nods*

I went to get the same one made up but the guy couldn't get the same design in. Lame :(

Thats the 14805

The 14807 i think will look too big....But both are the same price

Do i hear group buy badboyz?? :D

I have tax coming back man lol, why the hell not haha. The 14807 is awesome, trust me. It aint too big, it looks tough haha. I have a pic of one on our car. Will put it up when I get home tonight man. My car needs a muffler. Thing is once I get the CAI I'll be creaming myself everywhere then lol.

The price that i had was fitted at rapid, Everyone else that i talked to was charging $440 fitted. should we move this to the group buy section? If you recommend the 14807 then ill get the same...

The price that i had was fitted at rapid, Everyone else that i talked to was charging $440 fitted. should we move this to the group buy section? If you recommend the 14807 then ill get the same...

I'll show you it first man, gotta make sure ay haha.

Yeah lets move this baby ;)