Boss amp from Ebay

chanman

I can't seem to find any info on this model, does anyone know anything about it?

this ebay company should be trust worthy right? like this amp wouldn't be fake or anything

I highly doubt companies would imitate a product like this :D Just look at the crazy ratings and tell me that's not overated! DAMN!

I've heard of Boss Audio (the stuff you find at Strathfield and the likes), but not American Boss :(

Why not just pick up a Boss Audio from Strathfield for around the same price? Or even better a little more for a Jaycar 4x50WRMS Response amp.

Oh **** bigbum thanks man for pointing that out, all this time I thought this was Boss audio, and i was thinking this is sweet its full cheap!

fark i nearly got conned there man, i was wondering why i couldn't find any info on it!

But yea i'll definitely go take a look at the shops soon, thanks bigbum

I'd steer well clear of this stuff. I've heard feedback about American Boss, but it hasn't all been positive.

And yes, on eBay some of the stuff is imitated (a fair bit of fake Alpine stuff a while back, among others), so that's something to take into account. But like Bigbum said, companies wouldn't bother imitating a brand like this; they'd go for high-profile brands like Focal, Rainbow, Alpine, DD, Boston, Morel etc.

Do yourself a massive favour; avoid sh*t like Boss Audio, Avalanche etc, and spend the extra money on reputable gear like Response if you're not going to spend many many hundreds. I dare anyone to challenge my claim that Jaycar's Response gear is the best value gear sold in Australia. Their 4x50 amps are $199 for a single buy, and 4x100's are $299. The digital amps are another $100, but I don't think it's necessary for your application (which I'm assuming is a basic upgrade of your stereo).

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?FORM=CAT

GOGOGO JAYCAR!!

I should of a got an audison to drive my front splits instead of the Jaycars...Nothing wrong with Jaycar, except that I bought three amps off them, and am currently only using one. With the combined money should of invested into some better gear. If you want more info on car audio setups and stuff head over to Car Audio Australia, that forum there is so good and the people provide really good advice.

Cheers

man im biased because i own one... but i made my purchase based on hours of reading reviews and feedback...

get a jaycar response 4x50W RMS amp... you wont be disappointed. they are cheap as (slightly more than boss), but they produce very good CLEAN power... the thing with the cheapo strathfield brands is they seem to have a decent wattage, but thats at FULL ball, and usually is distorted...

i have the 4x100 jaycar amp, and ive never turned it right up cos its just too loud with my splits and sub...

i have a boss amp in my other car (73 corolla), and whilst its loud, its just not as clean...

anyway thats my biased opinion... just look around and pick what best suits your needs...

Damn, just realised my post was useless in helping you out.

Anyways, most people recommend Jaycar as they provide very good value for money. Very good for entry level. You could always try the mainstream brands like, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer etc...but for that money, you might as well get a Jaycar amp. I too did my research and studying and Jaycar provided the answer that I was looking for

Cheers

you wouldnt want to touch Boss with a 10foot pole. It'll cause you more trouble than anything. Save up a little more and get something that will last you a while. And also the boss amp ratings only occurs when lightning strikes it. Dont expect big power from those. And lastly, i have seen a boss amp melted so beware.

thanks for all the advice guys.

Due to the overwhelming support for Jaycar/response, I have opted for the response 4x100 amp. I got this off ebay for around $240 incl postage.

It is definitely the best value amp around!

thanks for all the advice guys.

Due to the overwhelming support for Jaycar/response, I have opted for the response 4x100 amp. I got this off ebay for around $240 incl postage.

It is definitely the best value amp around!

Good choice. Anyone on a tight budget, Jaycar FTW!