K&N PANEL FILTER NOISE

JJCRU23R

when i got my tints yesterday, the guy doing the tint noticed the sucking noise as i switched off the engine.

never really noticed this on the stock filter.

i later checked the the box and its still properly closed, so it doesnt look as if anything is wrong.

just curious - is this noise normal for an after market panel filter? i havent yet modified anything to the resonator or the stock tubing.

The induction noise is very loud with CAI, especially during hard cold winter. If you haven't hear it before, warm up and your car and hear it from outside. But I am surprised you did not hear the induction noise with CAI.

i most probebly havent heard it coz i dont personally know any1 that has a CAI anyway!? LOL

yea id probebly notice it if i was listening out 4 it...

but yea i mostly just drive from A to B.. never gone out cruising with other modded up carz b4, just 4wdz...

ill try 2 pay attention next time i go 2 a meet

The induction noise is very loud with CAI, especially during hard cold winter. If you haven't hear it before, warm up and your car and hear it from outside. But I am surprised you did not hear the induction noise with CAI.

i most probebly havent heard it coz i dont personally know any1 that has a CAI anyway!? LOL

yea id probebly notice it if i was listening out 4 it...

but yea i mostly just drive from A to B.. never gone out cruising with other modded up carz b4, just 4wdz...

ill try 2 pay attention next time i go 2 a meet

ill come out to get some bread off you on sat !! .. ill try park near your shop .. and you can have a look n listen !

hahahahha

na wait y dont everyone make it easier on me and organise the next monthly meet at rooty hill in case i cant get outta work early.

all the kebabz n pizza u can eat @ the meet ay?!

OK this thread is goin heapz off topic!

if i got another intake question ima let yall know :) thanx

Edited by JJCRU23R

the sportivo you can hear it even stock, my mum's mazda 323 dont have this noise when turn off, the vtir civic i use to have had a CAI but only little louder than the stivo, my mate's fto gr(no mivec) when stock there's no such noise, but he have a CAI now and this noise apears, maybe cars with performance vtec, lift, mivec and etc will have this noise when turn off even in stock form?? not sure though

i was suprised by the sound coz i only have an aftermarket panel filter in a stock box...

im only driving a conquest! so sportivo- no lift, no turbo etc.

thats y i found it odd or perhaps something was broken?

but yea, i guess i got nothing to worry bout.

Oh I thought you have CAI. I encourage you to buy one.

i dont doubt in the slightest that a CAI will give a huge improvement, but if i didnt have a fear of getting defected, id get every damn mod that i could afford.

instead, im still planning on doing the DIY intake, same as bitracerz to get the thing sucking cold air.

probebly wont perfom as well as a CAI, but i dont have a stivo... no lift... not a person who likes 2 drag or race...

basically subliminal mods!

so my car will be better than stock, but you wouldnt be able 2 tell the difference if i didnt show u.