Sportivo issues

Hello,

I just got my sportivo today, prior to receiving it I have read other post about problems with the car.

The car was only serviced at Toyota dealers and it has already had the recall work performed on the car.

Now the other three issues that I am concerned with is

1. Gear crunching in 1st and 2nd

2. Grinding noise when decelerating, disappears when accelerating.

3. Seems to be a whining noise, not high pitched...slightly low if you ask me.

I've experience no crunching at all changing gears, whether driving nicely or aggressively. So I suppose there is no issue with that. Is there another way to test if the gears are crap.

Grinding noise when decelerating at slow speeds, can hear it going around the car park. Whining noise I'm not sure if that one is normal or not, might just be the engine.

Factory warranty expires in two weeks and I would like to get them fixed umder warranty. The previous owner said they got the recall work done. Just fitted a new clutch and brake pads. The car currently has done 56000km.

Anyone around the liverpool area would like to give my car a test drive to see if anything is wrong. Only proof I need is that you drive a sportivo too and have no problems with yours.

Cheers

Edited by Suprathai

Hey Supra.

Ive got an 05 Stivo and yeah same deal

1. No crunches on changes

2. But is the noise noise ur hearing on deceleration kinda rattely / grindey ( but not HEAPs loud ) Thats what mine sounds like, i think i read on here that the springey things in the clutch can get rattely, i dont like it :(

3. Yeah havnt taken much notice but i do get a occasional whine.

Anyway just though id post to say im in the same boat.

It would be good if someone here would be kind enough to let us ride in their sportivo someday to see if maybe its all normal. My pads just got changed, they are squeaking though...need to get my disc machined.

I'm really hoping someone can help me shed some light soon. As the factory expires really soon. I'm getting my friends dad to service and look at it tomorrow. He was an ex mechanic at Toyota and does some weekend work. Hopefully all is normal.

Also the sportivo is more noisy then the normal corollas, I'm wondering if that is normal or not.

that whine your on about could be just normal gear box whine which is common in stivos or your diff, driveshafts or even cv's need looking at if your driving hard and its still not going into gear properly then take it back. Easiest way to tell if your gearbox is working (claim no responsibility) rev it at stand still say 4k dump the clutch (=burnout) then sit back hit LIFFFTT go to bout 8k then dump it again in 2nd, you should hear a nice cherp of the tyres if you did it right and you will still be in LIFFFT, if nothings broken no burning smells except for tyres :lol: then gearbox is still ok (remember i cliam no respo... you get my drift)