Mitsubishi step up in performance

800x600_wallpaperC03.jpg

The New Colt RALLIART is the first of a number of future additions to the RALLIART range, and will introduce ultimate performance to a new generation of drivers.

Calling on Mitsubishi’s knowledge that has gone into refining the performance of the Lancer Evolution, the Colt RALLIART is truly unique, offering truly big performance in a concentrated package.

RALLIART provides the ultimate turbo engine technology along with Mitsubishi’s new generation of lightweight, high-performance MIVEC engines. The Colt benefits from a powerful 113kW 1.5 litre 16 valve intercooled DOHC turbocharged MIVEC engine. It is packed with other features, including:

Active Traction Control (ATC), an intelligent system that electronically senses if one wheel is losing traction and then sends extra power to the other wheel, keeping you moving.

Active Stability Control (ASC) keeps you in control by automatically recognising understeer or oversteer and applying braking to the diagonal wheel, so you stay on line through tough corners.

Sports suspension, exterior and styling.

16” alloys

Recaro full bucket seats

Rear spoiler

Air conditioning and power windows.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap crap crap.

Did I mention this car is crap? Well not the car, the pricing. Ive already done a post about this one how mitsubishi has totally missed its pricing on this. $29990 + onroads is way too much for such a small package. Its competitors are better priced - Polo GTI @ $26990 and Swift sport @ $23990. Mitsubishi have priced this close to the clio sport cup when the clio is still miles ahead, especially when the next model will pack 152kW.

crap crap crap.

Did I mention this car is crap? Well not the car, the pricing. Ive already done a post about this one how mitsubishi has totally missed its pricing on this. $29990 + onroads is way too much for such a small package. Its competitors are better priced - Polo GTI @ $26990 and Swift sport @ $23990. Mitsubishi have priced this close to the clio sport cup when the clio is still miles ahead, especially when the next model will pack 152kW.

Also looks cr@p!

I think if toyota released a turbo yaris and put a 30K price tag on it they would be laughed at.

If you ask me this is just a girls car thats tried to have a sex change. Should be $25990 tops! Do you think theyll sell many if toyota's new corolla sportivo is $29990 again?

it's a tad over $1K more than the Levin, the Mitsu is priced a lot better than the levin when you compare the features.

Mitsubishi are good at building quick 4cyl's, they're a long way ahead of toyota in Aus.

it's a tad over $1K more than the Levin, the Mitsu is priced a lot better than the levin when you compare the features.

Mitsubishi are good at building quick 4cyl's, they're a long way ahead of toyota in Aus.

I agree with you there! feature for feature the colt has it.

but if you look at the lancer which is the direct competitor for the corolla ther is not much in it except for a 2.4 115kw engine compared to a 1.8 93* kw engine

Heres some free advise for Mitsubishi Aust. Bring back the Lancer GSR for fark sake! Its Easy - Make a EVO without all the high tech gadgets. Just make it AWD and turbo. Im sure if you take away the technology you will be left with a realatively inexpensive but exciting drive. Do this, price it at 35 - 37K and you'll be back to the glory days of the mid 90's.

Do this and my next car will be a mitsubishi.

this car came 5th in BFYB behind STI, EVO9, VE SS, and 3MPS so i think it says something about its performance. I had a close look at one and the parts on it are quite performance oriented, eg. its TypeR like sexy Recaros, Advan AD07 tyres etc.. Its the looks i don't like, and it lacks finish/refinement. Mitsubushi could have at least done a better job with the red paint on the egine cover, its also got a tiny front mount intercooler but its not like the 1.5 needs anything too big. I belive this car has performance but for the money spent its personal what people want from the car.

Mitsubishi are making better 4 cylinders than toyota?

My mates VRX (yes...VRX) lancer had rear drum brakes and the most weak motor. Drum brakes are 70's sh!t. You can't be serious. My foot felt like it was going to go through the floor.

My mates VRX (yes...VRX) lancer had rear drum brakes and the most weak motor. Drum brakes are 70's sh!t. You can't be serious. My foot felt like it was going to go through the floor.

My point is, what performance 4cyl vehicles are toyota currently selling?... any??? nope.

Then look at what Mitsu and all the other manufacturers have on offer. Mitsu has the ralliart colt and the evo for sale in Aus. I'm probably a bigger toyota fan than most, but at the moment their range sucks.

Oh I see now.

Toyota will have some suprises soon I'm sure though.

I'm personally still astounded at the F6 Typhoon from Ford. Even more impressed with their 380kw, 700nm of torque Drift version of the F6. 700nm of torque...farrrrrrrrk.

I agree with Toyota's lineup sucking at the moment. No Supra, MR2 or Celica in the lineup. But you can't argue with their sales figures.

I think some manufacturer needs to bring out another targa top like the last crx or the NX coupes. No one does targa tops no more!

it's a symbol thing!

I know (even with a 10yr toyota camry V6) that it's gonna be hard to kill it

Mista build quality is something I personally dont like.

I know the current rolla might not have the <clakeson voice> POWER!, but I know it not gonna fall apart if a fart in it. and anyways, the rolla lends itself to some nice mods

I think the colt ralliTART is exactly that, a Tart of a car!

this car came 5th in BFYB behind STI, EVO9, VE SS, and 3MPS so i think it says something about its performance. I had a close look at one and the parts on it are quite performance oriented, eg. its TypeR like sexy Recaros, Advan AD07 tyres etc.. Its the looks i don't like, and it lacks finish/refinement. Mitsubushi could have at least done a better job with the red paint on the egine cover, its also got a tiny front mount intercooler but its not like the 1.5 needs anything too big. I belive this car has performance but for the money spent its personal what people want from the car.

The Ralliart Colt has the same seats as the EVO 8 MR. I took one for a test drive from (delibritley) Toowong Mitsu, just so i was able to take it up and over Mt Cootha. It handles like NOTHING i have ever driven, been driven in before. With traction control and stability control in a car this small and light weight and the sticky tyres, the driving sure is fun. It has the usual ABS, EBD but also scores a 9" variable brake booster and brake assist. It also has a GETRAG gearbox. This car packs alot of surprises. While the styling is not to some's taste others will love it. I personally dont mind it and would consider it if Toyota dont get off their A*S*S and do something.

We sit here and bag the car for being overpriced, when like ZEE said it came 5th in the Best Bang For Your Buck. Where was its competition??? :whistling:

Edited by Ashs Red Rolla

not the new 06 models!

not the new 06 models!

The new ones are better Pete, but for a 2003 model...rear drum brakes??? WHAT THE FARK???

it's a symbol thing!

I know (even with a 10yr toyota camry V6) that it's gonna be hard to kill it

Mista build quality is something I personally dont like.

I know the current rolla might not have the <clakeson voice> POWER!, but I know it not gonna fall apart if a fart in it. and anyways, the rolla lends itself to some nice mods

I think the colt ralliTART is exactly that, a Tart of a car!

The CG Lancer was the last to come with drum rears. The base model CH ES Lancer has power windows, sports dash, cruise control, ABS and EBD, disc's all round, black interior trim and the 2.4Ltr motor. The Corolla Ascent misses most of this. Now which car is slightly over priced......