after market cam pully

trd

thats not a cam pulley, it is a lightweight crank pulley(or harmonic balencer, whichever you prefer) and either a alternator or waterpump pulley....

I would be very reluctant to use one of these as the stock crank pulleys are the size and weight they are for a reason... I have seen instanceses where people have installed these and damaged their engines due to the change in mass and change of balance in the bottom end of the engine.

Any gains that you would see (imho none) would be very minimal.... its mainly a bling thing....

An adjustable cam gear for 1zz/2zz's woul look nothing like that... as the 1zz/2zz use a timing chain it would look more like the silver /black one in this picture

camgearbig.gif

But i dont know if anyone has produced one for the toyota zz engines....

thats not a cam pulley, it is a lightweight crank pulley(or harmonic balencer, whichever you prefer) and either a alternator or waterpump pulley....

I would be very reluctant to use one of these as the stock crank pulleys are the size and weight they are for a reason... I have seen instanceses where people have installed these and damaged their engines due to the change in mass and change of balance in the bottom end of the engine.

Any gains that you would see (imho none) would be very minimal.... its mainly a bling thing....

An adjustable cam gear for 1zz/2zz's woul look nothing like that... as the 1zz/2zz use a timing chain it would look more like the silver /black one in this picture

camgearbig.gif

But i dont know if anyone has produced one for the toyota zz engines....

mark is right, thats the alternator pully, the water pump one is about 12cm across and it not ribbed as it runs on the other side of the belt.

The guys at unorthodox racing have alot of underdrive and overdrivepulleys and only have underdrive pulley sets for our cars (note: i have a 1zz and no offense to the 2zz owners but i didnt research their products for that engine)

Underdrive - basically a smaller pulley to the OEM pulley and the alternator, crank or water pulley are turning more to get the same result so as any mechanical piece of equipment the more it has to spin the quicker it wears out

Overdrive - obdviously the opposite ot underdrive where the pulley is bigger than OEM and has to spin less to complete the standard revolution but this puts more strain on the components its attached to and makes these parts work harder and wear them out

well dont quote me on this that is what i have learnt after researching for pulleys for the car i found unorthodox racing a while ago and i was like :yahoo: lightweight pulley set :blink: !underdrive!......... :angry: CRAP that is bad for the car in the long run then i found their standard diamater alternator pulley which is the only one they have for the 1zz that is standard diamater to the OEM pulley

There is a site that have Standard diamater Crank Pulleys they are http://www.motorexonline.com/

So if you are looking at getting the lightweight crank pulley and alternator you will be "freeing up" a fair bit of hp, I emphasise free up there is alot of arguements about it "making hp" but the pulleys dont make hp or kw it frees up weight that the engine has to lug around and makes it easier to run when that weight is pulled off

eg. you run with ankle weights and wrist weights for a few months while training then take them off and run and you feel like a rocket on legs hehe :P

From what ive found both the crank and alternator pulley are pretty heavy about 7-9kg i think but the lightweight counterparts are about 3-4kg so it doesnt sound like much but the guys in america say that each pound adds 2hp so doing the math is around 15 hp gain but of course it is only a number the guys say the engine revvs heaps quicker with the pulleys and it is like a v8 supercar in neutral and revvs really quick in neutral hehe like vvvvooooooommmmm instead of vvvvvvvvvvvvvvoooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

hehe sound effects are cool :unsure:

Well this has turned into an essay now hasnt it :lol: hope this helps abit

and for all of the car proffessors in the forum please dont start critisising the figures and other info in this post i am just informing some noobs may not be 100% by the book but i havnt eaten yet and i CBF looking for the exact info :)

:toast: play nice :spiteful:

the next time you take off your crank pulley, take a look at the machining marks in it. Those machining marks are from when the pulley was balanced to your crank.

If your crank etc didn't have the best balance from the factory and you swap to one of these lightweight pullies, you run the risk of chewing out your main bearings and destroying your crank etc.

The guys at unorthodox racing have alot of underdrive and overdrivepulleys and only have underdrive pulley sets for our cars (note: i have a 1zz and no offense to the 2zz owners but i didnt research their products for that engine)

Underdrive - basically a smaller pulley to the OEM pulley and the alternator, crank or water pulley are turning more to get the same result so as any mechanical piece of equipment the more it has to spin the quicker it wears out

Overdrive - obdviously the opposite ot underdrive where the pulley is bigger than OEM and has to spin less to complete the standard revolution but this puts more strain on the components its attached to and makes these parts work harder and wear them out

well dont quote me on this that is what i have learnt after researching for pulleys for the car i found unorthodox racing a while ago and i was like :yahoo: lightweight pulley set :blink: !underdrive!......... :angry: CRAP that is bad for the car in the long run then i found their standard diamater alternator pulley which is the only one they have for the 1zz that is standard diamater to the OEM pulley

There is a site that have Standard diamater Crank Pulleys they are http://www.motorexonline.com/

So if you are looking at getting the lightweight crank pulley and alternator you will be "freeing up" a fair bit of hp, I emphasise free up there is alot of arguements about it "making hp" but the pulleys dont make hp or kw it frees up weight that the engine has to lug around and makes it easier to run when that weight is pulled off

eg. you run with ankle weights and wrist weights for a few months while training then take them off and run and you feel like a rocket on legs hehe :P

From what ive found both the crank and alternator pulley are pretty heavy about 7-9kg i think but the lightweight counterparts are about 3-4kg so it doesnt sound like much but the guys in america say that each pound adds 2hp so doing the math is around 15 hp gain but of course it is only a number the guys say the engine revvs heaps quicker with the pulleys and it is like a v8 supercar in neutral and revvs really quick in neutral hehe like vvvvooooooommmmm instead of vvvvvvvvvvvvvvoooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

hehe sound effects are cool :unsure:

Well this has turned into an essay now hasnt it :lol: hope this helps abit

and for all of the car proffessors in the forum please dont start critisising the figures and other info in this post i am just informing some noobs may not be 100% by the book but i havnt eaten yet and i CBF looking for the exact info :)

:toast: play nice :spiteful:

Hey dude I think I saw your number plate advertised in Fast Fours....?

hahaha yea thats right thats mine hahaha :huh: but still no sale hehe

I mean compared to any other plate up for sale mine is alot cheaper :blink: but wateva i dont care if it sells anymore doesnt interest me :spiteful: would be good if it sold to support the corolla performance mods hehehe :spiteful: