just wondering

JJCRU23R

Just wondering if there was a possability of putting up a thread or a section relating to the technical jargon / terms being used thrown about in here???

For the n00bz and those who arent as informed (including myself) about specific engine parts, modificationz, etc to end some of the confusion.

also would serve as a good educating tool for those who want to DIY or just be more knowledgeable about our own cars??!

im sure others may be afraid to ask what is the difference between a swaybar and a strut?

what does the term N/A mean in relation to corollas?

i have a vague idea but no concrete knowledge about a lot of stuff being talked about in here.

its one thing to have to search keywords in the threads, but in my humble opinion it would be a better thing to be able to go directly to a certain section, find the word i was curious about and actually learn the functions/meanings behind the names/terms/abbreviations for specific parts of our cars!

what does aem stand for? jdm? i didnt know what jdm was until i came across the meaning somewhere by chance on the forums and its a bit frustrating to know but not completely understand what people are talkign about in here.

basically a TOCAU dictionary/thesaurus? wikipedia type of thing where everyone could add/edit information on stuff?! alphabetical order as well would help!

im guessing this idea wouldnt fly with several of you out there... but for me personally and for others who just dont have a clue, it would be a big help!

since joining TOCAU ive found the people in here are heaps welcoming and the language in here is basically SFW and i wouldnt have 2 minimise the explorer window when someone walks in the room!

its good stuff! just thought something like this idea could help other ppl like me.

jase

Sounds like a good idea. A quick one line difinition for common (or not so common) terms that some people may not know...like this....

ABS - Anti-Lock Braking System: A system connected to the braking mechanism in the vehicle, designed to prevent the car from skidding.

Maybe have it done as a sticky at the top of the Workshop Submissions section.