new exhaust manifolds

3zzfe

Well I haven't actually got anything installed on my car except for a trust airnx II panel filter, but I'll offer what I know so far.

First question is what corolla you have and what engine? 1zzfe or 2zzge? or maybe the more older engines such as 4age, 7afe, 4afe, 4age (20Valve), 4agze, 4AGTE...

If you have a 2zzge its better to get the factory exhaust manifolds ported as they provide the best gains as we speak.

With exhaust manifold, 4-2-1 provide better mid-range power output which would be beneficial for everyday driving. Go for 4-1 if your after outright power.

Cheers

Thank you all.

I've the 1zzfe (1.6L 110hp european), I think is the same engine of your ausrtalian rollas or such as the japan Runx.

I would want to increase the power at mid/low range

Another question: wich head gasket I would have to install on new manifolds? I know only Hondata gasket....

I think for you car it would be better to go for the 4-2-1 design, as their is not much point revving the crap out of the engine. Also being a 1.6L VVTI engine, your engine code would be 3zz-fe not 1zz-fe. The forums here mainly focus on the 1zz-fe 1.8L VVTi and 2zz-ge VVTLi.

Cheer

.... Also being a 1.6L VVTI engine, your engine code would be 3zz-fe not 1zz-fe. The forums here mainly focus on the 1zz-fe 1.8L VVTi and 2zz-ge VVTLi.

Cheer

sorry, i've made an error in typing :P

yes is the 3zzfe engine

Another solution is to maintain the stock exhaust manifolds ant arrange them to increase power.

In this way I gain 7-8 hp in all engine's range, without to lose hp to the low.

The same solution is possible for the induction manifolds, and installing a direct aspiration's filter in the stock airbox I gain another 4-5 hp !!!!!! :spiteful:

Total hp wil be approximately 12-13 hp......

I must decideeeeee :P