Mini Melbourne Meet

It all began by ROb and I decided to wash our cars. Then a quick visit to Toyota to check out the facelift. Had no luck with the salesmen we jet off, but then we saw ADR Rolla parked across the street. So then we decided to take a photoshoot, visit bodykit shop and finally exhaust shop.

awesome photos cougs! what a spot for photos! hahaha during the day time that area would be packed out with camry',rav4's, grocery vans, and asian ppl all over the place. never seen it so deserted! haha =D

gee i wonder why u like it shaohaok :lol: i saw 'toms-02' on the road on the way home from uni, and i was like 'whats shaohaok doing in melbourne'

spot the differences would be the rims, grill, eyelids, badging and exhaust, oh and the ricey see-thru fuel cap definately gives it away :D

sport1vo the exclusive meet in the west is a waste of time. arcxis can back me up on this. exclusive has a bigger thing on saturday 31 july you should go to that.

unfortunately the ae112 got in an accident! he will not be joining us on sunday.

thats right kcorro, unless sport1vo wants to hook up with a couple ( i do mean 2) dudes that dont seem quiet there then dont waste your time mate......

im sure your misses would appreciate the extra 2 hours that you could spend with her instead........wink wink :D

C.

according to my gf, whos friends with the new owner, it is a cXI, the previous owner lives in glen waverly if that helps :)

cant be that quick can it? being SOHC, no vtec and all, looks great tho =)

*Edit it has

2" Mandrel catback exhaust

Xforce 4-2-1 Polished Stainless Steel Extractors

Lightened Flywheel

Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch

K&N Pod Filter

how did u go againist it danz?

:P we've talked about going for a run or two, but he said i have any extra 0.2L and 50kw's or so. would be fun tho i think, i think the extractors are a new mod, CAI coming soon too. but ill have mine soon too :)

I know the dude who used to have that car never really push the car to the limit when he drag with me, but that night we were even. However that is rolling start. mine was bog standard. however, on standing start, i don;t think i can win. I tell u, 1-2nd is damn impressive for Cxi, 3rd gear is getting slow. I know a couple Vti-R got wasted by that car, modified vti-r too.

Header and CAI would definitely improved the car even more. Give him a run and see how quick that Cxi is.

The secret? Flywheel and Heavy Duty clutch.

I know the dude who used to have that car never really push the car to the limit when he drag with me, but that night we were even. However that is rolling start. mine was bog standard. however, on standing start, i don;t think i can win. I tell u, 1-2nd is damn impressive for Cxi, 3rd gear is getting slow. I know a couple Vti-R got wasted by that car, modified vti-r too.

Header and CAI would definitely improved the car even more. Give him a run and see how quick that Cxi is.

The secret? Flywheel and Heavy Duty clutch.

I owned a 00' Civic Cxi 88kw standard then modded with extractors, full exhaust, K&N panel filter and cold air feed, 15by6.5inch 6-spoke lightweight alloys with bridgestone directional tyres, adjustable yellow konis and springs, whiteline rear sway bar, but standard clutch and flywheel. I also had upgraded sound system with amp and one 12inch sub. The weight of the car without driver should be around 1100kg due to sound system. I dragged a Nissan EXA with a CA18 non-turbo engine but when new had 103kw. Side by side till 3rd gear absolutely same speed. Also took on a Mirage with exhaust and beat it once into 2nd gear. When the Civic was standard i loss to a stock Gti with over 60,000kms but was really close up till 3rd gear. ALso took on a 1995 Civic Vti sedan with 96kw and i couldn't overtake and loss by 1 car length in the end, so with my mods i estimate 0-100 in high 8 seconds but 1/4 mile would be crap, no top end but the light body will pull it through.

Zee

My Cxi was quick too and my mates back then drove a Suzuki Baleno 1.6 and a Gti. Even with my mods i would lose to the stock Baleno at the start. Those things weigh 900kg but has 1600cc and was real torquey. With his 14inch rims he will always jump me and my Civic will only reel him in 3rd gear. But the double wishbones setup with Koni springs and shocks and rear sway bar the Civic was a go-cart! Cornering was impressive to say the least.

I am trying to replicate that "go-cart" feel into my Stivo :P