universal adapter?

specialized32

Tried finding something on ebay but im not that good at searching lol. Anyway im after an adapter that can plug a creative vision m into a pioneer DEH P5750MP. The head unit is “ipod ready” but of course you have to fork out some odd 150 bux for an adapter which wont work anyway. I though just connect it to the rca out but want to know if theres another option that makes it so I can search tracks on my hu and not have to flick through the mp3 player.

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling such an adaptor doesn't exist... Pioneer will rake you for all your dosh for this connector...

I was going to get one with my HU when I got it, but Autobarn at Blacktown were all out for the Clarion HU's...

At a price of $200, I said stuff that!

Tried finding something on ebay but im not that good at searching lol. Anyway im after an adapter that can plug a creative vision m into a pioneer DEH P5750MP. The head unit is “ipod ready” but of course you have to fork out some odd 150 bux for an adapter which wont work anyway. I though just connect it to the rca out but want to know if theres another option that makes it so I can search tracks on my hu and not have to flick through the mp3 player.

Plugging into the RCA out won't do jack. It's called OUT for a reason - it's for taking sound from the head unit to an amp or the like, not the other way around. Pioneers use something called the P-Bus (which is what the first P stands for in the name) to allow you to connect iPods, cd stackers etc. Chances are the only way would be to get an adaptor for that, or to get an FM adaptor and tune into the station on the headunit