A whistling noise..

Hey fellas,

I went for a little thrash around last night in my 1zzfe rolla. The only mods of got are a 2-1/4 inch exhaust and a trd air filter. I started hereing a whistling/wheezing noise up past 4000RPM. I don't think i've heard it before, I'm not sure. Does anyone else's rolla do this or have they had this problem?

I also reved out a couple times going down mitchells pass which is when I started hearing it.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by BeNoZ1R

There is a destinct mechanical whine you start to hear from 3500rpm, but it's not a whistling/wheezing. Is it more apparent when the windows are down?

You may have a leak in the exhaust somewhere, visually check the exhaust for any streaks of carbon near any welds or joins which may show where the leak is.

Hey fellas,

I went for a little thrash around last night in my 1zzfe rolla. The only mods of got are a 2-1/4 inch exhaust and a trd air filter. I started hereing a whistling/wheezing noise up past 4000RPM. I don't think i've heard it before, I'm not sure. Does anyone else's rolla do this or have they had this problem?

I also reved out a couple times going down mitchells pass which is when I started hearing it.

Cheers,

Ben

A sorta whistlin\sucking noise happens on the Stivos when in Lift...normal yea?

A sorta whistlin\sucking noise happens on the Stivos when in Lift...normal yea?

I don't own a stivo but yeah there are some definite suction noises coming from the airbox area when you hit lift.

Also, BeNoZ1R you "revved out"? I guess you mean hitting the redline. When I first got my car I was told by a reliable Corolla source that (and I quote) "These ones don't mind bouncing off the limiter either". I laughed at first... But I've hit the limiter a few times (Jumped straight out of a Stivo and back into my 1ZZ and went "oops this one doesn't rev to 8,500RPM....") and nothing exploded or tore itself apart and I didn't get any different whisling noise. You sure it's coming from the engine? Now that your engine has had a rest does it still make the noise?

Cancel that, my dad just strapped my car for about 30 mins and it makes that whizzing sound after a while. Nothing to be worried about, once it cools down it's back to normal :)

P.S. that's the last time I forget my glasses!

Edited by Tayles