Need advise on purchasing Yaris

catsgrave

hi guys,

I am really interested in purchasing the Yaris. I need a some advise cause its my first time purchasing car and i dont really drive much here in melb.

Is there a big difference between the YR and the YRS apart from the 1.3L and 1.5L engine? I might use this as a weekend car. Maybe drive up to great ocean road or grampians with the missus.

Is the 1.3L sufficient? In terms of comfort is the YRS more comfortable to drive compare to the YR? or its just the same.

There is a price difference between those models and I plan to save as much as I can.

and also can anybody recommend me a good and realiable car dealer in Melbourne? I have heard that car dealers tend to rip off newbie purchasers

thanks guys

firstly welcome to TOCAU :D

the main differences between models are the amount of toys you get, tho i will say the base YR has enough for most

a/c, p/s,mp3,p/windows (3door). a couple of little details which I think are needed in a car of this day and age.

I have driven a 1.3ltr heaps (company car) and I have driven it to a few meets / cruises and i haven't had a problem.

i took it on a recent cruise (nov 06) all sorts of driving conditions (open freeway, twisties, start / stop) I must say, it is remarkably comfortable. for a 6ft tall, ample gentleman, i didn't have a problem! It really doesn't matter which toyota, i dont have a problem with getting in or out, and plenty of head room!

If you'd like my personal advise, got the YR 5pd Man 3Door. cheapest of the lot, still get some nice toys, cheap to run. If you can live with audio controls on the steering wheel and some knobs covered in cow, get the YR!

FYI: I drive the YR 3door 4spd auto for work, which has all sorts of drivers driving it (mainly full plet) and after 80,000kms, still good as new :)

we have a 3 door auto YRS ..

i drove the yr and the yrs when we were buying and i definately didnt like the lack of GO when i wanted GO from the YR ...

big difference in the 1.3 - 1.5

only way is for you to drive both and see what you like ...

the leather steering wheel is very nice .... still wondering what it will take for me to convince the wife to swap it over to the rolla ... ;P .. dont think that will happen ..

also the size is the same irrespective of 3 or 5 door ... and unless 5 doors is absolutely needed .. definately go the 3 door ... plenty of space to enter the rear seats from the front door ... so save your cash on the 5 door and put it to the 3 dr yrs !!! :)