Mobil 1 Gold 5W-50

Mobil 5W50 is full synthetic oil, I haven't ever heared about 10W30. If you use your car in hard climate with very cold winter, it's better to use 5W50, but in Aussie it's not necessary.

For example I use Mobil 0W40. Last winter was -30* C, and this oil let my car start without any problem.

If you need very good oil, you should buy Motul, but never use Castrol in Toyota. It's the worse oil I ever heard.

Edited by marekw

im using castrol edge 5W-30

I don't know this oil, but 5-10 years ago, Nearlly all Toyota in my country was with Castrol TXT. After 50-150 tkm oil consumption was over 1litr/1000km, so Toyota Motor Poland changed engine blocks for all people. Now nobody want this oil and change Castrol for anything else.

Both the rolla and fto are using Mobil Supersyn 5w50 and i find it to be excellent oil. Has protected the engines very well. The rolla engine after 170,000 was still clean and producing good power.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

Mobil 5W50 is full synthetic oil, I haven't ever heared about 10W30. If you use your car in hard climate with very cold winter, it's better to use 5W50, but in Aussie it's not necessary.

For example I use Mobil 0W40. Last winter was -30* C, and this oil let my car start without any problem.

If you need very good oil, you should buy Motul, but never use Castrol in Toyota. It's the worse oil I ever heard.

Godfather is a Castrol Dealer. I have to agree.

But wait, actually I disagree, as we've been running the oil in all our cars (incl. the corollas, old and new) for close to 30 years, with applications going on 6 different cars (2 toyotas).

No funny noises, no bad oil colour, no damage, no mystical prancing dwarf named hans, no winged monkeys with zithers playing 'Smoke on the Water' while balancing glass bananas on their tails, no nothing. It's not bad oil.

Godfather is a Castrol Dealer. I have to agree.

But wait, actually I disagree, as we've been running the oil in all our cars (incl. the corollas, old and new) for close to 30 years, with applications going on 6 different cars (2 toyotas).

No funny noises, no bad oil colour, no damage, no mystical prancing dwarf named hans, no winged monkeys with zithers playing 'Smoke on the Water' while balancing glass bananas on their tails, no nothing. It's not bad oil.

I've been using Castrol GTX2 (20W50) in my 102 for a while, haven't had a single problem with it. Switched to Gulf Western on the last change though, waiting to see how that turns out as it's only half the price. If I run any thinner than 20W50 I start burning through it a bit, valve stem seals/rings seem to be slowly on the way out