Short antennas

IMB055

G'day guys,

the standard antenna on my Sportivo is a little over the top - it's too long! :( I am looking into sourcing something a little more compact.

I have found nothing for sale locally - can anyone make a suggestion as to where I can find one in Australia?

I have a source in the US who can get them and reckons that you don't lose too much radio reception, but am keen to hear form anyone who has changed their antenna to something that doesn't look like it should be on a dodgem car!

Otherwise, I will probably grab a couple form the US (one for me, another for a mate with an SP23) and see how they go.

Cheers guys,

Nath.

There should be many on e-bay, you can get different lengths, even as short as 3cm, but 10cm looks good.

Otherwise many of the shorter antenna's such as those on the Suzuki swift, Nissan X-Trail etc fit as well.

I have one from a Suzuki swift, I had to trim some rubber from the base so it screws in properly, but looks and works just fine.

You can also PM member pippy as he's able to get some from time to time.

Cheers

Ive got one as well, bought it from the same eBay guy as Daz. I don't really notice much of a reception difference from my stock antennae except if im going waaaay out west then it starts to break down.

If i may suggest...try getting a AMPLIFIER antenna,Yknow it looks like a sharkfin?? u see them on Beemers & the newer cars..apperently u can get them universally,Ive checked to get one on my 02 rolla & all i have to do is choose a colour?? Hertz rating is important too,I'll try to come back with a part number

I think one of our members has this on his car??