STOLEN!!!

Blue_Steel

During the week I had my hard wheel cover and spare tyre STOLEN off the back of my RAV4 at work. I called around the various tyre places to get a quote for the cheapest tyre (lucky I had 4 spare stock wheels lying around or else I would of forked out for another wheel). I settled with Bob Jane T-Mart because thier prices was resonable and I liked their service (very helpful on the phone). I came in had the spare put on within minutes (maybe because I was the only one there at that time). When I was about the pay for the tyre a customer walked in and said he called up yesterday in regards to a spare tyre for his RAV4. He then stated that his spare wheel got STOLEN but left his hard wheel cover (lucky *****. They cost $375 painted for the front cover peice).The sales guy goes "he too" (pointing to me) that my spare got stolen. The sales guy then goes on about how he got a customer saying that his spare wheel off his RAV4 got stolen in Stockland Mall and there where a row of RAV4's and CRV's in the parking lot and the thief cleaned the whole lot up taking thier spare wheels off the back. How stuffed is that. Goes to show people will do anything to get something.

From this experience I've put in some lock nuts on the spare and put on my old plastic wheel cover which had a latch lock attached to it. But still it's not 100% fool proof.

Not really funny but just a story. Thats my 2 cents...

lol... lock nuts on the spare...

thats when you know things are getting out of hand...

pretty pathetic to think someone's spending their precious time on this planet stealing people's spare time... i hope the pile of wheels they've accumulated falls and crushes them...

I have a similar story, my mum has a Honda CRV and whilst she was at church some **** knuckle tried to steal the spare on the back. The plastic cover for the spare had been thrown across the road and im not sure why they didnt steal it, maybe someone disturbed them...

fa99ots I hope they use the stolen tyres and one pops and they lose control and die

This story makes me feel a little unsettled about the spare on my new Rav. May just need to get a lock nut put on the back.

Yes, put one on the cover (if you have a hard cover) and one on the spare itself. It'll cost you less than $20 and will potentially save you much more.