GB: Tail-Light Tinting by Pro Panel Beater

oVo

Hey Peepz,

Who's interested in gettin their tail-lights tinted? :D

Basically it'll take one day and at the moment only 2 cars can be done per day.

The workshop is reputed (aka Ausway, in Ringwood) been in business for 15+ years.

Myself and another member have considered getting ours done fairly soon.

The level of darkness is adjustable so you can have it dark or real dark depending on ur preferences. B)

Cost is $60 per pair of tail-lights (This is discounted for a one-off Club job.)

Let me know ASAP.

ausway/auswide the one by the tracks?

average quality but seems to get business from car clubs because of their competitive prices. $60 is good but it sounds odd they can only do 2 sets per day. surely they can do a lot more for easy 2 coats, plus clear and bake

Edited by kcorro

Why are you group buying this? Seems unnecessary unless you are really useless and have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

1) Go to Auto-O-Barn (or similar store) and buy 'Spray Tint' for not a lot of money (I remember it to be around $10 a can)

2) Remove tail lights from car

3) Clean outter of light assembly with warm soapy water

4) Spray lights

5) Apply second coat if required

6) Apply 3rd coat if required

7) Apply clear coat if you want it glossy

8) Re-assemble into vehicle when dry

9) Take photo for TOC Garage

Generally you would use 2 coats. The last time I did it, I did 3 coats and it was really friggin dark, and I never worried about a clear gloss coat. You can always do without the gloss then do it another time after the tint has settled if you want.

The secret when painting tail lights is to do it SLOWLY.

** Place the light on a peice of cardboard of newspaper (so you don't get paint all over your garage floor or grass)

** Begin spraying in horizontal motions, starting from off the side of the light, sweep across the light until the spray is off the other side. It is easier to release the spray when you are off the side before you start spraying to go back, this saves paint and also gives your trigger finger a little break.

REMEMBER, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TOO DARK BECAUSE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SEE YOUR LIGHTS AND INDICATORS IN THE DAY TIME, THEN THIS CAN BE DEEMED ILLEGAL!!!!!

Good Luck

Aaron

ausway/auswide the one by the tracks?

average quality but seems to get business from car clubs because of their competitive prices. $60 is good but it sounds odd they can only do 2 sets per day. surely they can do a lot more for easy 2 coats, plus clear and bake

lolz its cause they can't fit a dozen cars anywhere during the work process.

Why are you group buying this? Seems unnecessary unless you are really useless and have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

1) Go to Auto-O-Barn (or similar store) and buy 'Spray Tint' for not a lot of money (I remember it to be around $10 a can)

2) Remove tail lights from car

3) Clean outter of light assembly with warm soapy water

4) Spray lights

5) Apply second coat if required

6) Apply 3rd coat if required

7) Apply clear coat if you want it glossy

8) Re-assemble into vehicle when dry

9) Take photo for TOC Garage

Generally you would use 2 coats. The last time I did it, I did 3 coats and it was really friggin dark, and I never worried about a clear gloss coat. You can always do without the gloss then do it another time after the tint has settled if you want.

The secret when painting tail lights is to do it SLOWLY.

** Place the light on a peice of cardboard of newspaper (so you don't get paint all over your garage floor or grass)

** Begin spraying in horizontal motions, starting from off the side of the light, sweep across the light until the spray is off the other side. It is easier to release the spray when you are off the side before you start spraying to go back, this saves paint and also gives your trigger finger a little break.

REMEMBER, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TOO DARK BECAUSE IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SEE YOUR LIGHTS AND INDICATORS IN THE DAY TIME, THEN THIS CAN BE DEEMED ILLEGAL!!!!!

Good Luck

Aaron

Thanks for that Azza. :clap:

Yea reason i'm gettin it done pro is because last time i did a custom job on my eyelids, it freakin sucked, after several hours and 35 bucks worth of cans of spray paint, time and money gone by.

I ended up gettin em done pro for 45bucks!! :spiteful:

I don't think i suck at spray painting and reckon i do a pretty decent job, Bigbum can quote me on that! :lol: , but its more for the convenience factor and saving me the run-around :)

Thanks for your post though! B)

Yea reason i'm gettin it done pro is because last time i did a custom job on my eyelids, it freakin sucked, after several hours and 35 bucks worth of cans of spray paint, time and money gone by.

I don't think i suck at spray painting and reckon i do a pretty decent job, Bigbum can quote me on that! :lol: , but its more for the convenience factor and saving me the run-around :)

No probs mate, your choice, just thought i'd share some help...

Spray tint is crap, Looks tacky, dosent feel smooth!

Depends on how good at it you are and how much patience you have. If your calm and take your time, and do it properley, then there is no reason why it should be crap....

No probs mate, your choice, just thought i'd share some help...

Spray tint is crap, Looks tacky, dosent feel smooth!

Depends on how good at it you are and how much patience you have. If your calm and take your time, and do it properley, then there is no reason why it should be crap....

my mate tried the tint can on his ford tail lights, and it looked ok till he got them on and turned the lights on.

then they looked really sh!t.

Edited by RoLLing BLK

Yea, it is possilbe to do it really good and perfect.. with a can.

I did it on my car! but with red.. and red is alot easier then black.

It turned out smooth like i didnt even paint it. but spray black tints tend to give a matt black colour, or maybe its just the can's that i buy i would rather a black vynel tint over it.

here's how much tails are in full red.

if you dont believe how smooth they are ask Kaze stivo, he still thinks i didnt spray it.

Bad thing is... its fading..

tailsxp6.jpg

Edited by vyets

Yea, it is possilbe to do it really good and perfect.. with a can.

I did it on my car! but with red.. and red is alot easier then black.

It turned out smooth like i didnt even paint it. but spray black tints tend to give a matt black colour, or maybe its just the can's that i buy i would rather a black vynel tint over it.

here's how much tails are in full red.

if you dont believe how smooth they are ask Kaze stivo, he still thinks i didnt spray it.

Bad thing is... its fading..

tailsxp6.jpg

lol yerh... u got me first time u showed me i thought it was a sticker thing but i tried peeling it off LOL :P but it is actually tint paint or watever he used saw it b4 not really fading man lol