runx z 2zzge (auto)

we went to the country last wknd, just before that we had serviced the car right through.

then half way through the trip we saw the manual trans light flashing so we had to change over to full auto, but the auto/oil begun to flash in red.

wat i want to kno is wats the best transmission fluid that we can use in the car. :help:

for the 1zz rollas, the manual actually says theres no need to change the auto trans oil under "normal driving conditions" :huh: I'm also looking to change the oil since i run around the track every now n then, but i dont recall the manual mentioning anything about what oil is use (will check again).

I've asked before to see if there are any "performance" oils that available for us to use but no response, so i guess some fresh OEM oil will do for now. ;)

hey let me know if you find out if there are any oils that are better for autos

Ive been to Toyota before that they said something like Dextron IV for $25.... is that right?

for 1 ltr thats probably right, but u can go to a servo and get good quality Dextrom IV for about $10 a litre

for the 2ZZ dunno seeing how we dont have any Auto 2ZZ Rolla's in aus :yahoo::clap:

but i swear every celica has an auto box in it... maybe check with one of the many celica forums

for 1 ltr thats probably right, but u can go to a servo and get good quality Dextrom IV for about $10 a litre

for the 2ZZ dunno seeing how we dont have any Auto 2ZZ Rolla's in aus :yahoo::clap:

but i swear every celica has an auto box in it... maybe check with one of the many celica forums

No that was $25 for a 4 or 5L bottle.

What is a good quality Dextron IV oil brand?

Use the Toyota type IV auto fluid, it comes in cans. It's about as good as you can get, works well in 300kw atw turbo toyota's etc, just needs to be changed more regularly than your average 70kw atw car.