need all yhe help i can get

skye

i recently bought a toyota fun cargo which had a faulty nav installed so the dealer gave me another one but not of the same type.can someone help me to identify the set?most of the menus are in japanese.is there a way to switch language. i have included also some pics.thanksfor any help.

post-3751-1173965502_thumb.jpg

post-3751-1173965559_thumb.jpg

gday,

umm.. are you in australia? why would the dealer not give you english instructions?

could be a problem if its a jap model cos my mate has a sony digital video/photo camera from japan and even though there are some english charactors on the buttons, we downloaded the english version of the instructions and theres basically no language option on his model. i know its not the same as your situation.. but... i guess the best thing to do is find a japanese friend and hopefully they can deceifer it 4 u

Looks like a Japanese version of the generic Toyota unit. The language is most likely firmware in the unit itself, the only way I think around it is to replace it with the equivalent Aust spec unit, and if you try get this from Toyota they will charge you a pretty penny.

But being Japanese spec, does it have any Australian Maps? Or does in run from a cd?

second hand factory sat navs are really cheap in asia and i have been tempted in getting one for myself originally from lexus but stayed away from it because of the language and maps compatibility to australia.

i do not think you can change the language. it looks chinese rather than japanese. same thing goes with parallel import mobiles you can get the same model but with different languages for different markets and they cost more/less.

• 1 month later...
i do not think you can change the language. it looks chinese rather than japanese. same thing goes with parallel import mobiles you can get the same model but with different languages for different markets and they cost more/less.

I am in agreeance with Kcorro, Looks like Chinese rather than Japanese

I am in agreeance with Kcorro, Looks like Chinese rather than Japanese

yea cant change the language. prolly need a firmware update or something to get it to english.