st185 3SGTE vs st205 3SGTE

D'Ice

I was just doing some research on the 3SGTE and its turbos...

an ST185 half cut costs around $2k and an ST205 half cut costs around $3k... now what I know is the only difference between the ST185 and ST205 is the ST185 came with a CT26 turbo (modified for reliability) while the ST205 came with the CT20b turbo... a new 300-400hp turbo should cost $1k-$2k

would it be better to get an ST185 half cut and slap a new turbo on it in the future... or just get the ST205 and keep the stock turbo??? it should cost around the same give or take $1k

I'm planning around 200ish kw atw... so how well would a CT20b cope with that power... i'm also after reliability and street response... could a CT26 cope with that power if turbo timed, boost controlled etc etc... it'll be even better if i could keep the CT26 turbo but i doubt it'll be reliable hitting those numbers

allthough the CT26 is bigger than the CT20b... the CT26 spools up faster but runs out of breath at around 6000rpm... the CT20b picks up later but keeps going way past the redline

I was just doing some research on the 3SGTE and its turbos...

an ST185 half cut costs around $2k and an ST205 half cut costs around $3k... now what I know is the only difference between the ST185 and ST205 is the ST185 came with a CT26 turbo (modified for reliability) while the ST205 came with the CT20b turbo... a new 300-400hp turbo should cost $1k-$2k

would it be better to get an ST185 half cut and slap a new turbo on it in the future... or just get the ST205 and keep the stock turbo??? it should cost around the same give or take $1k

I'm planning around 200ish kw atw... so how well would a CT20b cope with that power... i'm also after reliability and street response... could a CT26 cope with that power if turbo timed, boost controlled etc etc... it'll be even better if i could keep the CT26 turbo but i doubt it'll be reliable hitting those numbers

allthough the CT26 is bigger than the CT20b... the CT26 spools up faster but runs out of breath at around 6000rpm... the CT20b picks up later but keeps going way past the redline

what kind of car are u planning to put the front cut in?

what kind of car are u planning to put the front cut in?

I'm importing the SV25 Camry from japan... it's the same exact car as my one except it's AWD

soo do u think i should go for the CT26 CT20b or Aftermarket